My 45 RPM Picture Gallery

jukebox jury
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

My 45 RPM Picture Gallery

Post by vinyl master » 20 Nov 2014 02:14

OK, guys, you don't deserve this, but I'm gonna share this with you anyway, because I like you guys...During my recent record reorganization, I came across many rare 45's, and I thought I'd share a few pics with you, if you don't mind. Now, remember, I've been collecting these for the last 15-20 years, and many of them are very rare, so good luck finding them! Keep in mind that I have many 45's in various conditions, and I've been sleeving and shelving them as I go along...It's all a work in progress...I'm still working on the pictures, too, but I thought you guys might like to see some of the coolest finds from my private collection, and I can't hold back any longer...Of course, if any of you guys have your own rare 45' pics to share, feel free to do so here...Anyway, on with the slideshow, and let me know what you think...

This is a rare promo picture sleeve for "Shining Star"...
This was a recent picture sleeve for Jimi...
This is a rare UK issue for DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince...After all these years, and still a "summertime" favorite!
This was also a rare UK issue for Elton's hit "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" (from "The Lion King")...Try finding this one!
This was the b-side...Notice the misspelling of the title...
This was a single for Everclear's "Wonderful"...That sad face is for all the teenagers who downloaded the track, instead of buying the vinyl like they should have...
This little disc was included in one of Dick Clark's gatefold albums...Here he shares stories from his life as "America's Oldest Teenager"...
Deee-Lite's "Groove Is In The Heart" was not issued as a standard single...But, it was issued as a part of Elektra's "Spun Gold" series...
[This was one of several 45's for The Counting Crows. "Hanginaround" comes from their album, "Recovering The Satellites"...
This was Coldplay's first single...I only wish it came out on yellow vinyl...
Britney's first single was a breakthrough in many ways...In fact, I can never look at anyone in a schoolgirl outfit the same way again...She raised the bar for many...
How about a little love from The Reggae Master...And it's on Tuff Gong, too...
Two titans on one sleeve!
This was probably Beck's biggest hit...Since then, he has continued to put out some very cool vinyl!
This was a cool little single that my favorite record store was giving away with the purchase of Bob Dylan's "Love And Theft" album...Some people returned the 45's to the store, and I picked up a few that they were selling the next day for 99 cents!
Two titans again on one sleeve...In fact, this was only duet that featured the Queen and The Godfather together!
This is probably Train's crowning achievement...Pat Monahan and friends knew what they were doing on this one...
This was a freebie I got from my favorite record store clerk...Thanks again, Scotty!
I always liked this album cover!
In case you didn't know, this was Paul & Linda McCartney in disguise...Paul also recorded as Percy Thrillington for an album...
This is a rare one...And one of my favorite moody tunes from recent years...
Now, here are a couple of cool colored vinyl issues...One for RUN-DMC's Christmas single...
Here's a green one for The Proclaimers...I would walk 500 miles for this one...Then again, maybe not...I also have them on black vinyl...
This is a rare UK issue for Prince...I don't believe this one was issued in the States, either...
Now, here are some cool 90's rock favorites...This was the Gallagher Brothers' first big hit, and still an enduring favorite...
Of course, where would grunge be without Eddie Vedder...Another very cool single...
Of course, these guys set the bar for grunge...Their stuff is getting harder to find now, too, but I have two copies of this!
This was one 45' in a series of 9 45's, issued in the UK...Michael initially did not have a picture sleeve for this one, but this was a special issue...I have several in the series...and am always looking to complete the series, so if you have any of these, let me know...
Here is the vinyl...nice and red, just the way i like it!
You're not going to find this one easily...Lenny did put out a British single for "It Ain't Over Til It's Over"...This one always reminded me of Earth, Wind & Fire somehow...
Here is a close-up shot of the label...You can barely make out the title...The British singles didn't always have readable text that stood out...
Another UK issue, this time for The Goo Goo Dolls hit, "Iris"...Now, while there were singles issued for "Slide" and "Here Is Gone", this ws not issued on a single in America...Go figure!
Here is one I think you'll like from Mr. Funk himself, George Clinton...Reminds me of this web site...One forum under a groove!
And here is one you'll never see...I didn't know that JFK recorded this...I have a few political records, but this one is just plain COOL!
I'll say it again...loud and proud...You can't touch this collection with a ten-foot pole! But, you can try!

What do you think, guys?

Hopefully, I will continue to add more 45's to this post as time goes on...

But, in the meantime, if you feel the need, guys, why not share a few of your own pics...

Tonybro
long player
long player
Great Britain

Re: My 45 RPM Picture Gallery

Post by Tonybro » 20 Nov 2014 06:50

Wow!

If I am ever over in the States again, I will have to pay a visit! :-)

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 20 Nov 2014 22:35

Tonybro, there are so many 45's now that you might not get through the front door! Well, maybe not that bad, but still a work in progress...I figured, though, that I couldn't keep all the goodness to myself. I challenge you guys to find copies for some of these, and at the prices I paid a few years back...I must say that the 90's and early 2000's were very good to me! :mrgreen:

Go ahead and let 'em buy CD's...let 'em download off the Internet...I got something WA-A-A-AY better!! :lol:

Keep your eyes peeled, boys...You ain't seen nothing yet! 8)

tubewade

Post by tubewade » 20 Nov 2014 23:57

Awesome stuff there, VM. Thanks for sharing. Maybe I'll have to get the old camera after some of my treasures and see if I can make you salivate.

TW

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 21 Nov 2014 00:12

You're more than welcome, Wade...Seeing as you are also the resident "45' Man" around these parts, I bet you have some really cool unique items in your collection worth sharing...I (and I'm sure many others) would LOVE to see them...Go ahead, make me salivate! =P~ You know how big "audio p**n" is around here...By the way, in order to fit all those pics in, I opened the pics in Paint, and resized them all (500 pixels) so they wouldn't be too big...Seems to work pretty well, too...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 21 Nov 2014 00:14

I know the rest of you guys are big fans of the seven-inchers, too...If you dig vinyl at all, you can't tell me you're not! So, if you care to take some pics of your prized artifacts, bring it on!! In the meantime, stay tuned...

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 22 Nov 2014 05:16

OK, guys! You've had the main course...Care for a second helping?

Then, check THESE out... :mrgreen:

This was a cool little 45' that Ray Stevens did before he got big...Apparently, it was a record that featured four birthday greeting songs, and could be given to someone on their birthday...
Here is a pic of the 45'...
The only thing I hear is falling sales on this one...Apparently, this was some sort of tourist record...
I don't know anything about this record, but as long as it doesn't involve any hot flashes, I should be OK with it...
Here is a cardboard disc that The Shadows Of Knight ("Gloria") put out as a promo for a potato chip company...
Here are two 45's from my two favorite DJ's...Yes, the Wolfman could sing (somewhat)...I have several albums to prove it! But, it's the Wolfman...Whaddya expect??? I obtained this one through a seller in France, as I am a big fan of the Big Man! I don't boogaloo around when it comes to my respect for him...One of the all-time greats! Watch "American Graffiti" and tell me you don't agree...
And this was an interesting recitation from Mr. Casey Kasem, before the world knew him as Mr. American Top 40!
One of my more recent singles that capitalized on the Beach Boys' 50th Anniversary...Pretty cool!
This was an interesting 45' I picked up from the thrift store...Apparently, it was featured in a 60's educational film...
Here's a pic of the 45'...
Here's one of the inside cover...Unusual, to say the least, but it screams "Flower Children" to me...
John Denver didn't put out too many picture sleeves, but here's one of his earliest ones...
This was one of George's last singles from his posthumous "Brainwashed" album...
The Great Lady of Jazz put out a few singles, and this is one of the rare ones with a picture sleeve...
Another free promo that my record store guy hooked me up with...RIP to MCA on this one...
"Since You've Been Gone" has been recorded by many acts, including Clout, Rainbow, and Head East...This version was done by former Runaway Cherrie Currie and her sister Marie, and was a hit in Canada...
Nothing like a little Tortelvis to get you in the mood...These guys apparently had a wide fan base, and even Robert plant himself gave his stamp of approval!
Here's a picture sleeve for Mr. Ziggy Stardust, Man from Mars himself...
Of course, his guitarist had to get in on the action, too...I have many of these little flexi-discs, and this is one of the more interesting ones...
Now, I couldn't spotlight The Fresh Prince (see above) without giving a little love to Carlton, too...before he starred on the Will Smith sitcom and "Dancing With The Stars", he recorded a few 45's for the Prism label...And this is back when he was dancing with Michael Jackson in a Pepsi commercial...Google it, if you don't believe me!
Now, aren't you glad I "unfroze" this one for you??? :lol: A baseball great gives his batting tips on this unusual 45'...and I have more of these types of 45's...
Of course, this was one of Styx's biggest hits, and an unusual picture sleeve...
I got this one a while back, still sealed...I think it's pretty darn cool! 8)
I bought several German picture sleeves for these guys at a flea market a few years back...I couldn't argue with a fair price, and there are lots of sleeves they put out in foreign countries that you just don't see here...Like I said, more where this came from...By the way, anyone know about the TV show listed on the sleeve?

Now onto some more recent UK artists...

This is cool, too! I have the "Back In Black" album on vinyl, but there were also a couple of remixes put out for the album...Here is one of them...
Here's another one...
This is a rare UK sleeve for one of my favorite funk bands...I really dig these guys a lot...great musicianship, too...Too bad they didn't put out more vinyl here, but there were several picture sleeves issued in the UK, which I also have...
These guys really rocked the house back in the day...There's nothing like a little old-skool rap every once in a while...And this song just doesn't age...
This guy made a cameo appearance in Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" video, before setting out on his own...Paula returned the favor by appearing in his debut video for this song...This was a UK issued 45', complete with a sleeve and a zipper bag...
A sucker M.C., if i ever saw one...But, not many rappers have nine lives, so I'll give him that...
And the whole kitty and kaboodle...complete with a button and a sticker...
This was a rare sleeve, also from the UK...While they did put out some singles here, their biggest hit, "The Sign", was apparently not one of them...
Despite the fact that there were a couple of Alanis Morissette singles issued here, "Head Over Feet" was apparently not one of them...A UK issue again...And you have to look closely at the label to read it...
A little birdy told me to buy this record, and I got it very cheep! cheep! :mrgreen:

I've said it before...I'll say it again...This collection IS scary!! :shock:

I'd say all in all, not a bad haul so far...And like The Blob, it keeps growing...If you don't know what "The Blob" is, Google that, too!

I've got more, but come on, guys...Join in the fun...I wanna see your rare pics!! =P~

Tonybro
long player
long player
Great Britain

Post by Tonybro » 22 Nov 2014 22:10

You've now got me rifling my way through my humble collection of 45s (pics to follow): -

Queen - Killer Queen from 1974
CW McCall - Convoy
Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly (Pink vinyl, doesn't contain 2nd track on B side as listed
Rainbow - 7" Pic Sleeve collection: -
- Kill The King/Man On The Silver Mountain/Mistreated
- L.A. Connection/Ladt Of The Lake
- Long Live Rock 'n' Roll/Sensitive To Light
- Since You Been Gone/Bad Girls
- All Night Long/Weiss Heim
- I Surrender/Vielleicht Das Nachster Zeit
- Can't Happen Here/Jealous Lover

Madness - Work Rest & Play EP (33rpm) - Night Boat To Cairo etc.
Mama's Boys - Gatefold Double disc EP - 'Crazee-EE-Pee' feat. Mama, we're all crazee now
OMD - Enola Gay - Pic Sleeve
Quiet Riot - Gatefold Double Disc EP Tour Edition - feat. Mental Health, Cum On Feel The Noize
The Police - Every Breath You Take - Pic Disc
Kim Wilde - 1st 5 or 6 singles in pic sleeves and a signed photo (signature now faded, alas!)
Jasper Carrott - Funky Moped/Magic Roundabout
The Stranglers - No Mercy Pic Sleeve
Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry Pic Sleeve
Adam & The Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier Pic Sleeve
Altered Images - Happy Birthday Pic Sleeve
Bad Manners - Can Can Pic Sleeve
Toni Basil - Mickey Pic Sleeve :oops:
Earth Wind & Fire - Let's Groove Pic Sleeve
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk Pic Sleeve
Fleetwood Mac - Oh Diane Pic Sleeve
Foreigner - Cold As Ice Remix (Gatefold Double Disc, Pic Sleeve)
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax Pic Sleeve
Free - All Right Now (EP on Island Records, 1978)
Gillan - New Orleans - Pic Sleeve
Grand Prix - Shout - Pic Disc
Human League - Being Boiled '80 - Pic Sleeve
Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills - Pic Disc
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast - Pic Sleeve Red Vinyl
J. Geils Band - Centrefold - Pic Sleeve
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock n Roll Pic Sleeve
Jo Boxers - Boxer Beat - Pic Sleeve

Plus some Toyah singles in pic sleeves, Whitesnake in pic sleeves and pic discs

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 23 Nov 2014 01:02

Let's see some pictures, Tonybro! You know how we all love pictures! :mrgreen:

ehtoo
long player
long player

Post by ehtoo » 23 Nov 2014 04:14

As promised Vinyl MAster, some 45RPM pic sleeves (with records of course. Start off with some swirly Capitols with different sleeve designs.
BEAT12.jpg
(212.87 KiB) Downloaded 2840 times
BEAT3.jpg
(334.46 KiB) Downloaded 2843 times
BEAT1.jpg
(383.42 KiB) Downloaded 2841 times

ehtoo
long player
long player

Post by ehtoo » 23 Nov 2014 04:18

BEAT4.jpg
(287.9 KiB) Downloaded 2839 times
Small sampling of Beatles pic sleeves
BEAT13.jpg
(329.43 KiB) Downloaded 2842 times
BEAT6.jpg
(325.99 KiB) Downloaded 2843 times
BEAT5.jpg
(282.76 KiB) Downloaded 2844 times
BEAT2.jpg
(269.96 KiB) Downloaded 2841 times

ehtoo
long player
long player

Post by ehtoo » 23 Nov 2014 04:21

Some Beatles 45RPM EP's
BEAT11.jpg
(240.75 KiB) Downloaded 2842 times
BEAT10.jpg
(279.66 KiB) Downloaded 2844 times
BEAT9.jpg
(242.51 KiB) Downloaded 2843 times
BEAT8.jpg
(259.78 KiB) Downloaded 2843 times
BEAT7.jpg
Yesterday
(226.18 KiB) Downloaded 2841 times

ehtoo
long player
long player

Post by ehtoo » 23 Nov 2014 04:25

The original Brit Mono EP issue. Capitol US. chose an album format. Inside was a book- same format as the US Capitol LP.
BEATMMT1.jpg
(478.9 KiB) Downloaded 2845 times
BEATMMT3.jpg
(385.72 KiB) Downloaded 2844 times
BEATMMT2.jpg
(426.38 KiB) Downloaded 2844 times

ehtoo
long player
long player

Post by ehtoo » 23 Nov 2014 04:28

For the local folks in Toronto!