long player

Re: New setup not sounding right

Post by lenjack » 16 Jun 2019 16:39

Most of them worthless.

AsOriginallyRecorded
Canada

Post by AsOriginallyRecorded » 16 Jun 2019 18:29

Great to hear that you sorted out the issue on your system. Your discovery of the "simple setting change" is very revealing, and serves as an example to others. AV systems have myriad settings, all initially more specifically focused on movie entertainment. I believe the muddiness you were experiencing was directly due to the AV settings directing frequency signals to speakers other than your mains, which you would want for cleaner vinyl listening. All of the other suggestions were great as well, but the lesson here is that more often than not, very easy/simple changes make the greatest differences. As mentioned by a couple of others, there can be too many possible settings and features at times. Just remember to reset back to a setting more appropriate for movies later! :lol: 8)

fscl
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by fscl » 18 Jun 2019 15:58

Lad90 wrote:
16 Jun 2019 04:14
I don’t think it posted but I managed to fix it. After weeks it was a simple setting on my receiver that said standard. Can’t believe it was that. Everything sounds amazing now. Thanks for the help lads
lenjack wrote:
16 Jun 2019 15:20
Thanks for letting us know.
=D> =D> =D>

Glad you got it sorted and, really, thanks for letting us know....... =D>

Put a HT receiver in the place of a dodgy vintage stereo receiver needing a bit of TLC. Remote control is kinda nice being lazy and in the bedroom.

However, all of that digital processing really makes the added phono and pre-amp sound BAD :twisted:

It wasn't until choosing "2 Channel Stereo" or "Direct" did the sound field correct itself.

Fred

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 18 Jun 2019 16:08

When I needed a new, high powered receiver 10 years ago, I had to look hard to find a plain vanilla, 2 channel, vanilla one.