Gyrodec SE Motor Upgrade.....

a space odyssey
garpt

Gyrodec SE Motor Upgrade.....

Post by garpt » 15 Mar 2019 20:39

I really want to do this upgrade, but $795 is a lot of money for a little motor. Has anyone done this, and is it really worth the cost? I asked my dealer, whom I trust, and he quantified it by saying it does make a difference, probably about a 20% improvement, mostly noticeable in the low end performance. Plus, I imagine, it has a speed control (never thought I needed one) and I would assume more precision in speed?
Any input? Thanks.

gwernaffield

Re: Gyrodec SE Motor Upgrade.....

Post by gwernaffield » 16 Mar 2019 16:35

the gyro motor does not have the speed control ,it is done by the power supply the NC (HR) the motor for the orbe is the one you need, but the cost is stupid High-quality standalone DC motor with tacho feedback speed control

watchnerd

Re: Gyrodec SE Motor Upgrade.....

Post by watchnerd » 31 Mar 2019 17:58

garpt wrote:
15 Mar 2019 20:39
I really want to do this upgrade, but $795 is a lot of money for a little motor. Has anyone done this, and is it really worth the cost? I asked my dealer, whom I trust, and he quantified it by saying it does make a difference, probably about a 20% improvement, mostly noticeable in the low end performance. Plus, I imagine, it has a speed control (never thought I needed one) and I would assume more precision in speed?
Any input? Thanks.
I have the DC motor.

I didn't upgrade, but bought a used Gyro SE that had no motor at all.

The speed is adjustable via a trim inside the power supply box, which you have to open up. Using a platter speed app, I can get it within +/- .01 RPM accuracy (stays within 33.32 - 33.34 range).