What do you listen to in your car – talk radio, news or music?

anything and nothing
hobie1dog
United States of America

Re: What do you listen to in your car – talk radio, news or music?

Post by hobie1dog » 11 Aug 2019 13:19

Talk radio is simply verbal masturbation, everyone shooting out their personal opinions.
News is gloom, doom, and cheap sensationalism.
Music, we've been listening to the same hits from the early seventies , over and over.

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Post by Alec124c41 » 13 Aug 2019 05:19

Up here, we still have the CBC. The one that used to be AM does have a lot of talk, but genuine reporting on some current issues, science, literature, etc., as well as news, weather, and traffic.
The other CBC stream still has some classical music and a bit of jazz, but their "adult contemporary" stuff usually means a change of station.
Jazz-FM plays - you guessed it - jazz, with a good blues program Saturday nights.
These are my main car radio presets, with one AM station that does news, and traffic reports every ten minutes. Going into, through, or around the city is a PITA, so that station gets punched up if I have to.
Then there is the pleasure of driving with the radio off, on a nice day, not in the city.

Cheers,
Alec

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 13 Aug 2019 05:50

More often than not, whatever music I can find on the radio, or else a CD, or the limited selection of music files on a flash drive plugged into it. Occasional news on NPR, and late night AM broadcasts of certain shows are exceptions.

Airfix27ra
Great Britain

Post by Airfix27ra » 09 Sep 2019 20:35

Radio Test Match Special, when cricket is on. Other than that, CD's or Cassettes via a Walkman connected via the MP3 socket.