anything and nothing
JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America
Location: Mid Hudson valley..... NY.....In the orginal Orange County

How many online companies are handeling "customer service"

Post by JDJX » 13 Jul 2019 15:45

They are simply making contact with them impossible or make contact with them so contrived and broken that they know that people will just give up.

E-bay is a prime example of this.

JaS
engine room
engine room

Re: How many online companies are handeling "customer service"

Post by JaS » 13 Jul 2019 19:44

As a rule I don't hand over money to an online company unless they have a contact page with a telephone number and an address.

eBay are an exception, but in nearly 20 years of using them I've never needed to speak to anyone directly so I don't know how easy it is :-k

JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by JDJX » 13 Jul 2019 22:35

Even if you have a phone number for a company, you still have to navigate menu hell and most likely in the end, there will be be no one to answer the phone and you will be perpetually put on hold. as you receive standard infuriating BS messages.
Like I said, they just want you to give up.

BTW, I only mentioned e-bay just as an example

dysmike
Germany

Post by dysmike » 13 Jul 2019 22:40

I don't think this is limited to 'online' companies. Customer service seems to be a lost art these days.

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 13 Jul 2019 22:52

I've contacted ebay by phone 2 times and gotten excellent results.

JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by JDJX » 15 Jul 2019 00:25

dysmike wrote:
13 Jul 2019 22:40
I don't think this is limited to 'online' companies. Customer service seems to be a lost art these days.
Agreed.
There used to be a saying...."The customer is always right".

However, now it's "the customer is a PITA and has no right to complain about anything. Companies seem to forget that their customers are the only reason for their existence and their only source of profit.
They have the attitude that all customers must speak to them with utmost respect as they blatantly disrespect the customers.

I actually told one CS rep that if they do not want to deal with upset customers who were wronged by their company that they are in the wrong line of work!

BTW a now standard answer to a company screwing up is "I'm sorry you are upset about that"..
However, they will not say that "We are that sorry we screwed up" .
I n other words, they try to place the blame of a customer being upset about them screwing up on.. the customer. Blaming the victim about anything seems to be much too prevalent these days.

Now.. I try to be nice when complaining but, sometimes, only forceful complaining will get through to them .

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 15 Jul 2019 01:28

Always best to be calm and rational, when complaining...at least at the beginning.

fscl
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by fscl » 15 Jul 2019 14:19

And not only online companies....... :twisted:

Even if there is a proper phone number I find dialing it will result in an "outside" in process of telecom switching / problem screening.

Being in the US, usually means the CS first starts somewhere outsourced from the US. As the process becomes more complicated :-k , the call gets switched back to the conti US :-k, where the "data" is / originates.

Just got off the phone with UPS customer service trying to find a couple of packages sent to Hong Kong. In the past, the goods get delivered Monday morning at location with end of business day drop off on Friday in the US making up +12 hours in transit.

No definitive answers on tracking location, was advised that there are problems with intermediate scans ie CT-->AK-->HKG

Fred

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 23 Jul 2019 15:16

JDJX wrote:
15 Jul 2019 00:25
Always hated that idea because the customer is NOT always right and that idea has created PITA customers.

Worked for 2 very different kind of companies that used customer releases before proceeding with some jobs. One disregarded the signed releases and re-imbursed the customers for messed up jobs even when it was clearly the customer's fault, the other one didn't.

Guess which one I quit and which one I stayed with?

JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by JDJX » 23 Jul 2019 16:33

VinyldechezPierre wrote:
23 Jul 2019 15:16
JDJX wrote:
15 Jul 2019 00:25
Always hated that idea because the customer is NOT always right and that idea has created PITA customers.

Worked for 2 very different kind of companies that used customer releases before proceeding with some jobs. One disregarded the signed releases and re-imbursed the customers for messed up jobs even when it was clearly the customer's fault, the other one didn't.

Guess which one I quit and which one I stayed with?
Of course the customer is not always right . That is not the point .
There was a time when companies at least tried to satisfy customers even it the customer was not exactly right.
They knew that a satisfied customer is a repeat customer. This now seems to be lost by some companies.

However now some , companies now view every customer as a PITA.... whether they are right or wrong .
Meanness to, or indifference customers has become sort of a business model for some, even if the company knows that they are wrong and the customer is right.

There is a big difference between a customer just being just a PITA and being angry about not being treated fairly....of having their legitimate concerns ignored.

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 23 Jul 2019 16:55

JDJX wrote:
23 Jul 2019 16:33
There is a big difference between a customer just being just a PITA and being angry about not being treated fairly....of having their legitimate concerns ignored.
Yes, true, and

There is a big difference between a company being just a PITA and being angry about not being treated fairly....of having their legitimate concerns ignored.

This is not a one-way street.

fscl
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by fscl » 25 Jul 2019 17:56

This is where RTFM comes in....... :wink:

However, in this day and age, there is no M or you've got to download the official one from the website, and then try to page for the answer through the PDF on a phone........ [-o<

:? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Fred

PS No intermediate scans, the packages just "arrived" WDNOFBarCodes =D> =D> =D>