anything and nothing
eddie edirol
United States of America

Re: Snake Oil Product of the Year Awards

Post by eddie edirol » 15 Feb 2019 23:19

Spinner45 wrote:
13 Feb 2019 17:51

At his age, he's lucky he can hear anything without a hearing aid. :lol:
Sad obsessed old coots, I guess they need something to believe in.
Audio Nirvana is a hell of a drug

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 15 Feb 2019 23:24

Don't be too harsh on us old timers. I'm 77, wear hearing aids, which get my ears up to about 13k, and I don't, and have never believed in audio snake oil. I sold some of the mid level stuff in western Mass in the late 70's, and never pushed bs on my customers.

vanakaru

Post by vanakaru » 16 Feb 2019 08:29

ChimpsInTies wrote:
13 Feb 2019 17:26
Lazarus Short wrote:
13 Feb 2019 17:09
derspankster wrote:
10 Feb 2019 17:19

Also owns his own electrical substation.
In Japan, the super-audiophools have their own power poles and their own transformers.
Here is the video of the guy you're talking about. I bet he can hear all those sweet crisp clean amps he's getting. :^o

https://youtu.be/XJJy6VJvSCk
I like the second guy in this video who has a huge fridge in the same room with all his audiophile equipment. I wonder how this system sounds when the fridge kicks in - or maybe there is a audiophile fridge that acts as additional sound purifier.

JaS
engine room
engine room

Post by JaS » 16 Feb 2019 08:39

vanakaru wrote:
16 Feb 2019 08:29
ChimpsInTies wrote:
13 Feb 2019 17:26
Lazarus Short wrote:
13 Feb 2019 17:09

In Japan, the super-audiophools have their own power poles and their own transformers.
Here is the video of the guy you're talking about. I bet he can hear all those sweet crisp clean amps he's getting. :^o

https://youtu.be/XJJy6VJvSCk
I like the second guy in this video who has a huge fridge in the same room with all his audiophile equipment. I wonder how this system sounds when the fridge kicks in - or maybe there is a audiophile fridge that acts as additional sound purifier.
It'll be fine, look close and you'll see he treated it with an inch long piece of Peter Belt rainbow foil.

http://www.pwbelectronics.co.uk/images-of-our-products

Ottermel
Canada

Post by Ottermel » 16 Feb 2019 16:28

WTF!! Hahahahahahahaha!
A strip of Silver Rainbow Foil should also be placed specifically over the number 33 1/3 rd or 45 which is usually printed on both labels of a vinyl record to indicate the speed

Ottermel
Canada

Post by Ottermel » 16 Feb 2019 16:33

This is unbelievable! Do people actually fall for this?

Customers have asked how they can treat coins and postage stamps. So adapting a small plastic coin display container, by putting a PWB Morphic Link label on the inside and PWB rainbow foil on the outer body coins and stamps can now have the morphic link broken. Various size Plastic coin holders are available. 23mm – 28mm - 30mm - 46mm All of these are £10 each. To stop the coin rattling around in the plastic coin holder a small piece of PWB treated blue tac is placed in the bottom of the container for you.

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 16 Feb 2019 16:36

Yes...we should all harken back to the Peter Belt products. They go back a long way. Definitely worth checking out the web site.

JaS
engine room
engine room

Post by JaS » 16 Feb 2019 16:42

RIP Peter, you made people smile to the very end, which is a rare gift :)
All our different Foils (Frosted Rainbow Foil, the group of Morphic Message Foils and Quantum Rainbow Foil with Quantum Cream) ‘deal with’ different adverse energy patterns which we have identified over the past 15 years. They are all in addition to the Rainbow Foil and Cream-Electret. The more of our devices that are applied to objects, the greater will be the beneficial effect. Most of our regular customers use the standard Rainbow Foil for treating CD’s, vinyl records, audio and video tapes (which in some cases amount to many hundreds) and use the more expensive Foils to treat audio, video, computer and other electronic equipment and other passive objects in their listening room.
AD heard slight increases in nuance and force when he spread the cream under the front edge of his preamp, but heard no change in the sound when he spread the cream on his speaker stands.

STEREOPHILE RECOMMENDED COMPONENT - P.W.B. Electronics Cream Electret

fluteboy
England

Post by fluteboy » 17 Feb 2019 02:03

AD heard slight increases in nuance and force when he spread the cream under the front edge of his preamp, but heard no change in the sound when he spread the cream on his speaker stands.
I want my mum. Seriously, I want my mum! Bloke spreads cream on his amplifier? Get me those nice men in the white suits....

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 17 Feb 2019 02:12

I believe he, and his wife, were not trying to flim-flam people. They seriously believe in what they were selling, even though they were obviously deluded.

JaS
engine room
engine room

Post by JaS » 17 Feb 2019 12:47

lenjack wrote:
17 Feb 2019 02:12
I believe he, and his wife, were not trying to flim-flam people. They seriously believe in what they were selling, even though they were obviously deluded.
I don't think Peter was a crook, just a bit potty.

I propose splitting into 3 categories

The Perpetual Motion Award

For new products that will only work if you rewrite the rules of the universe. Employees of CERN are not allowed to enter.

The Caractacus Pott

For most loved crackpot inventor working out of a shed (my vote goes to Peter Belt)

The Yuri Geller

For services to the cutlery industry

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 18 Feb 2019 12:01

JaS wrote:
17 Feb 2019 12:47
lenjack wrote:
17 Feb 2019 02:12
I don't think Peter was a crook, just a bit potty.

I propose splitting into 3 categories

The Perpetual Motion Award

For new products that will only work if you rewrite the rules of the universe. Employees of CERN are not allowed to enter.

The Caractacus Pott

For most loved crackpot inventor working out of a shed (my vote goes to Peter Belt)

The Yuri Geller

For services to the cutlery industry
But Jas you know hifi is not in the known universe of Physics it exists out of this it is also why your socks go missing, the same leaking black hole. It is why we all need to but special plug fuses if you live in a country that has fuses that is and why we all need python sized speaker cable.
Why do the socks never come back, never extra socks 8-[ :-D
Chris

JaS
engine room
engine room

Post by JaS » 18 Feb 2019 12:51

cafe latte wrote:
18 Feb 2019 12:01
But Jas you know hifi is not in the known universe of Physics it exists out of this it is also why your socks go missing, the same leaking black hole. It is why we all need to but special plug fuses if you live in a country that has fuses that is and why we all need python sized speaker cable.
OK, I admit it, my fuses only cost 15p each but I've got a dedicated circuit for my HiFi and always use MK Sockets/Switches/RCDs/MCBs. I justify this by saying the switches have a nice action but I secretly think it makes my Hifi sound better.

Please help :)

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 19 Feb 2019 03:44

JaS wrote:
18 Feb 2019 12:51
cafe latte wrote:
18 Feb 2019 12:01
OK, I admit it, my fuses only cost 15p each but I've got a dedicated circuit for my HiFi and always use MK Sockets/Switches/RCDs/MCBs. I justify this by saying the switches have a nice action but I secretly think it makes my Hifi sound better.

Please help :)
Slippery slope Jas, the Python speaker cable is next :D
Chris

Lazarus Short

Post by Lazarus Short » 14 Mar 2019 13:03