Pioneer PL-200Z turn table Power Supply

the final frontier
roshr

Pioneer PL-200Z turn table Power Supply

Post by roshr » 01 Oct 2017 15:25

Hi All,

First of all I must say that I'm quite new to this, I bought this Pioneer PL200Z turn table in one of the local used items sale. It came without a power supply, but I have found a 12v power supply but I can't find any documentation related to replacing a power cable regards to this model. Would somebody be able to guide me on this please?

Thanks

Coffee Phil
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Re: Pioneer PL-200Z turn table Power Supply

Post by Coffee Phil » 02 Oct 2017 00:19

Hi Rosher,

Welcome to the forum.

I don't see a listing for a PL 200Z in the library on this site. I did however find a PL 200X which is a mains powered direct drive machine.

Can you shoot some pictures of the machine. Show the input power connecter.

Phil
roshr wrote:Hi All,

First of all I must say that I'm quite new to this, I bought this Pioneer PL200Z turn table in one of the local used items sale. It came without a power supply, but I have found a 12v power supply but I can't find any documentation related to replacing a power cable regards to this model. Would somebody be able to guide me on this please?

Thanks

roshr

Post by roshr » 02 Oct 2017 06:22

@CoffeePhil, the turn table came without a power connector. The back of the turntable said not to connect to AC power. I have it all opened up. Here's a link with the pictures you asked. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ssCTx4GiGJ2K39CJ2

Thanks

ammarmariti
Malaysia

Post by ammarmariti » 02 Oct 2017 07:31

Other than 12V DC, it doesn't list anything else so my assumption is it requires a standard 12V DC adapter with a 5.5/2.1mm jack, with center jack for +ve and outer ring for -ve. Since you already got a power supply, try measuring it and make sure its outputting 12V DC. If it does, try plugging it in.

Coffee Phil
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by Coffee Phil » 02 Oct 2017 07:38

Hi Roshr,

OK, from you pictures it is clear that your machine is nothing like the PL-200 X. It is a belt drive machine and the power supply is 12 volts DC.

I found this picture which is what I was looking for: https://www.google.com/search?q=pioneer ... gygZmtX6M:

If you get a 12 volt DC power supply with at least 1A capacity you should be good, however you need to get the polarity right or you may fry something.

Phil
roshr wrote:@CoffeePhil, the turn table came without a power connector. The back of the turntable said not to connect to AC power. I have it all opened up. Here's a link with the pictures you asked. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ssCTx4GiGJ2K39CJ2

Thanks

DeepEnd
long player
long player
Great Britain

Post by DeepEnd » 02 Oct 2017 09:42

Found a picture (not best quality) that shows the DC power socket on the back of a Pioneer Deck.
PL200Z psocket.jpg
(51.5 KiB) Downloaded 754 times
If you follow the red wire (A arrow) under the pcb that has the signal wires it should go to a socket. Just check the red wire goes to the centre contact (as arrowed on first picture) and this would confirm positive centre contact.
PL200Zint.jpg
(53.29 KiB) Downloaded 804 times
I also assume lead B either goes to the same socket along with the other black wire with the red wire from the motor or to a track marked "G" on the pcb.

roshr

Post by roshr » 02 Oct 2017 10:46

Guys, thanks for all the input. I bought a service manual and figured out what needs to be done. There were three cables coming out of the deck, one read, white and a black one. I thought the black one was an audio out as well. Apparently its a power supply thanks to one of my colleagues. I will get it soldered up with a new cable directly to the PCB with a 12V adapter. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the info again

roshr

Post by roshr » 02 Oct 2017 19:37

Finally its spinning! however I did not realise that I might need an amplifier for this. I just tried connecting this to my home theatre system, unfortunately there is no sound coming through. Probably I will have to find an amplifier....

astorp2000

Post by astorp2000 » 04 Mar 2019 06:43

roshr wrote:
02 Oct 2017 10:46
Guys, thanks for all the input. I bought a service manual and figured out what needs to be done. There were three cables coming out of the deck, one read, white and a black one. I thought the black one was an audio out as well. Apparently its a power supply thanks to one of my colleagues. I will get it soldered up with a new cable directly to the PCB with a 12V adapter. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the info again
If you have downloaded the Pioneer PL200Z service manual, you might want to download it on the site to grow the site's database. :!: