LP gear order disaster..

the thin end of the wedge
cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

LP gear order disaster..

Post by cafe latte » 12 Feb 2020 05:22

My LP gear order arrived today for my Vessel A3SV cart (234 dollars) and LP gear stylus for ADC R-SV stylus 90 dollars.
Package contained no cart!! and the stylus is twisted so useless!! 347 dollars American and I have nothing I can use. I have emailed them still waiting for reply and tried to ring but phone is only a darn fax!!
How can they send out a pack with stuff missing and does nobody check the stylus before going out?
Need to check I think I paid with paypal so maybe paypal dispute if they dont help?
Any thoughts guys?
Chris

aardvarkash10
long player
long player

Re: LP gear order disaster..

Post by aardvarkash10 » 12 Feb 2020 06:29

parallel approach. Advise LP Gear, cc Paypal, ensure both know both have been contacted.

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 12 Feb 2020 07:10

Thankfully I paid with PayPal, still can't imagine how they pack a box with the cart missing, not good at all..
Look at the stylus totally useless. Off to one side and rotated AND tip mounted at an angle, they could not get it worse if they tried!
Chris
Attachments
20200212_124453.jpg
(43.69 KiB) Downloaded 263 times

AsOriginallyRecorded
long player
long player
Canada

Post by AsOriginallyRecorded » 12 Feb 2020 07:15

Was the package intact, or did it appear it had been damaged in shipping or tampered with in transit? Shipping without checking the order would be highly irregular, but not impossible. Certainly the combination of missing cartridge and bent cantilever in a single order is very suspicious. Take pictures, and throw nothing away until you have resolution of your claim. LP should step up and replace your order, given you have paid and can show credible proof of your claim. Most companies carry such coverage. Such a shame after the long wait. Good luck with this. #-o

farispaul
New Zealand

Post by farispaul » 12 Feb 2020 07:20

Maybe too much ‘gear’ and not enough Lp?
That’s not too professional.

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 12 Feb 2020 07:26

AsOriginallyRecorded wrote:
12 Feb 2020 07:15
Was the package intact, or did it appear it had been damaged in shipping or tampered with in transit? Shipping without checking the order would be highly irregular, but not impossible. Certainly the combination of missing cartridge and bent cantilever in a single order is very suspicious. Take pictures, and throw nothing away until you have resolution of your claim. LP should step up and replace your order, given you have paid and can show credible proof of your claim. Most companies carry such coverage. Such a shame after the long wait. Good luck with this. #-o
Nope the tape was intact, just checked to see if it had been opened and resealed , but only one piece of tape and it has not been tampered with. Box has a huge sheet of butchers paper and invoice and the stylus was in the middle of the wrapping paper so well packed, just missing the most expensive bit which is the darn cart. The stylus is shocking quality, it is a grafted cantilever (dont know why) and it is glued in rotationally twisted, on top of that the stylus is punched through the flat at the end off center and at an angle too AND the whole thing is not straight either. On top of all this not convinced the tip is vivid line either, will check again later tonight, but not sure why I am bothering as it is such a dogs breakfast anyway.
Chris

aardvarkash10
long player
long player

Post by aardvarkash10 » 12 Feb 2020 07:46

just fyi, if you pay by credit card (outside of paypal) the cc company will also have a dispute process and can ultimately refund you and claim back from the retailer in cases where you can show the sales contract has not been fulfilled. Like paypal, the cc companies have a pretty strict timeframe for claims - its worth knowing what the process and timeframes are these days!

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 12 Feb 2020 10:47

aardvarkash10 wrote:
12 Feb 2020 07:46
just fyi, if you pay by credit card (outside of paypal) the cc company will also have a dispute process and can ultimately refund you and claim back from the retailer in cases where you can show the sales contract has not been fulfilled. Like paypal, the cc companies have a pretty strict timeframe for claims - its worth knowing what the process and timeframes are these days!
It was done by paypal and I launched a dispute and contacted LP gear, I just hope LP gear do the right thing. I have been looking forward to trying the vessel for some time and went for the vivid line version then it arrives and it is not in the package and my stylus is junk too, so disappointed. Now I am hoping I eventually get both.
Chris

raphaelmabo
long player
long player
Sweden

Post by raphaelmabo » 12 Feb 2020 12:06

I'm sorry to hear that Chris, I really hope it works out for you and that LP Gear replaces with new items or give you a refund. I've bought from LP Gear and my package arrived with items intact. Errors like you have experienced shouldn't happen. The Vessel is an interesting cartridge, I like mine. I hope you get yours soon to try.

When I bought my Benz MC Silver, from a Swedish store and online retailer, the cartridge box fell out from the package at the mail and packages sorting facility, so I got an empty box in my mailbox. But then I contacted the postal office and they searched and find it on the floor! So I got it the week after. :) No harm done, just a little delay.

lenjack
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by lenjack » 12 Feb 2020 14:58

I was thinking of ordering from them. I shall wait.

akubacki

Post by akubacki » 12 Feb 2020 15:34

I'll be very interested in how this works out for you. It's a major bummer when things like this happen. I hope it is resolved and you get the items paid for.
Let us know what happens, and if you get good stuff, please post your opinions of what you got.

cats squirrel
long player
long player
England

Post by cats squirrel » 12 Feb 2020 15:47

at least you have had some rain!

I had a somewhat similar situation when I ordered a used cart from Spain. Stylus loose in bubblewrap! and cantilever bent like a banana. The hole the cantilever fits into was blocked off with a bent tang. I suspected customs were responsible. Sender disowned responsibility, so I wrote it off to life.

I hope you can get it sorted to your satisfaction.

I ordered a couple of carts from LPGear, and all was well, but customs added another wadge of cash on top.

cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Australia

Post by cafe latte » 13 Feb 2020 01:59

Update,
I had an email saying they have decided to send me the cart along with a new stylus. As yet no tracking so not sent yet. I update soon..
Chris

lenjack
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by lenjack » 13 Feb 2020 02:00

Have you ordered from them before?

AsOriginallyRecorded
long player
long player
Canada

Post by AsOriginallyRecorded » 13 Feb 2020 02:27

That is very encouraging news. They may have heard about your reputation as a particular and dedicated fan of fine cartridges and....service. A great fan, but the best choice of foes...they responded. Assuming all will soon be good....bravo! And kudos to LP for doing the right thing as well. Will likely hold back a bit myself before ordering from them however until more details are forthcoming! =D> =D> =D>