the home of the turntable

Denon DP-45f

deeply dp

Denon DP-45f

Postby phillipr » 20 Aug 2017 19:22

Hi all,

I picked up a Denon DP-45f several years back from a neighbor who had it in storage for years and was getting rid of it.

The other day I went to turn it on and when I hit the power button, it broke of if it's hinge and fell into the casing. The tt still works but to turn it on and off I have to plug and unplug the power cord.

Was wondering if there is an (easy) way to fix it myself or if I should bring it in somewhere to get it fixed.

Thanks!
Phill
Attachments
Denon_dp-45F.jpg
phillipr

United States of America

Re: Denon DP-45f

Postby EdAInWestOC » 25 Aug 2017 14:55

You might try disassembling the turntable and see what went wrong with the switch. It might be broken plastic and you could possibly glue the broken parts back in place. That would be the best possible situation.

If the switch itself broke, you have another issue on your hands. I have no idea whether you could find a replacement switch that would be a viable replacement.

You'll never know unless you take the bottom cover off the plinth and look at the power switch to see what is amiss.

Ed
EdAInWestOC
long player
long player
contributor

United States of America

Postby captmark » 26 Aug 2017 20:55

the silver button is a lever-it triggers a micro switch at a 90 degree angle on the circuit board. you can't break it with the silver button-it will break first...as you found out. you can try as Ed says to get in there an reglue it or buy a $3 power strip with a switch and not worry about it till you go to sell it or happen to find one online-people part these out every so often on eblame.
captmark

United States of America

Postby phillipr » 04 Sep 2017 21:12

Thanks for the replies!

Would it be difficult to disassemble the tt myself?
phillipr

United States of America

Postby captmark » 10 Sep 2017 16:57

Not to get to where you need-just remember to pull the platter or otherwise keep it from falling out when you flip it over. It is all forward of the circuit board inside where you need to fix
captmark

United States of America

Return to Denon