the home of the turntable

Denon 23F Fails to Power Off

deeply dp

Denon 23F Fails to Power Off

Postby stanpike » 17 Jun 2017 17:21

I recently re-set up my Denon 23F which was working perfectly until the stylus was damaged. I replaced the Ortofon OM 5E with a Grado Black1. Readjusted the balance to the best of my ability. Now when a disc is finished or when I press stop, the tone arm returns to position but fails to turn off the platter drive motor. I have the repair manual but nothing is mentioned there about this problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
stanpike

United States of America

Re: Denon 23F Fails to Power Off

Postby wolfie62 » 02 Aug 2017 23:22

You'll have to look more closely at the repair, or service manual. Look at the schematics for platter motor start/stop. Look at the inputs for start/stop. Does it use the LED/photo resistor to give the indication for start/stop? Does the platter motor automatically start when you turn on the power button, even if the tonearm is in the home position?
Often....invention is the mother of necessity.
wolfie62

United States of America

Re: Denon 23F Fails to Power Off

Postby stanpike » 02 Aug 2017 23:29

Thank you for the reply. I will look at the schematic again. The motor does not automatically start when the tone arm is in the home position. It starts normally when the play button is pressed. Since I posted I noticed that the return and shut off does operate correctly sometimes but not all the time which is even more of a mystery.
stanpike

United States of America

Return to Denon