DP62l with tonearm alien's

deeply dp
dieseldude

DP62l with tonearm alien's

Post by dieseldude » 31 Dec 2019 22:19

Greeting,

My wonderful 62l has served me flawlessly since the early 90's until last night. When I noticed a upper mid range, volume dependant, feedback developing in the left channel only. Which reduces to barely detectable levels, until you crank it to around the upper mid volume level. Then it builds and exactly tracks the volume from there on up. I run a hefty full range system. So this isn't my first feedback rodeo to say the least. But this time it is tightly controllable and tracks lock step with the volume level. Plus apparently for once it is not bass induced. I also have a DP37f which flew the coop with an even more horrifying exit. It developed a vertical arm dance that would wreck havoc on your woofers. It also seemed to be induced by sound pressure feedback. But produced a visably mind blowing vertical dance. So today I pulled the 62 out of service also awaiting a recap. Nevertheless, it occured to me that if this issue was truly an acoustical feedback issue that both channels would be involved. So is this a stereotypical malfunction with these servo cancelation types of tonearms? Plus what has been the outcome of removing the servo manipulation from these arms? I'm assuming they are a big postive when in proper functional order. And obviously a nightmare once drifted out of design tolerances. Both of these have been great tables. And have produced such fine results that I've never desired upgrading to a super table. Plus I realize that cap choice is an important difficult decision. So does anyone know what current brand/series closely match the OEM's in esr, inductance, etc?

Thx in advance and long live analog.
DD :quack: :quack: :quack: :quack: :quack: :quack: :quack: