Need help with DP-45F output options

deeply dp
Jamsnjellies
United States of America

Need help with DP-45F output options

Post by Jamsnjellies » 04 Dec 2019 21:39

Need a preamp or reciever recommendation for GF's mothers old Denon TT. Used a red/blue to standard aux pigtail to plug into just a bluetooth speaker, then didnt know what to do with the ground prong. Upon a search I relized I need a (cheap) preamp option suitable for it.

Also have a fairly cheap replacement for the stylus on the way https://www.musicmoito.com/products/com ... gLx_PD_BwE
The one on there at the time being seems fine but I tested on a record Im not worried about damaging somewhat.

Bluesnote
Australia

Re: Need help with DP-45F output options

Post by Bluesnote » 04 Dec 2019 22:56

Jamsnjellies wrote:
04 Dec 2019 21:39
Need a preamp or reciever recommendation for GF's mothers old Denon TT. Used a red/blue to standard aux pigtail to plug into just a bluetooth speaker, then didnt know what to do with the ground prong. Upon a search I relized I need a (cheap) preamp option suitable for it.

Also have a fairly cheap replacement for the stylus on the way https://www.musicmoito.com/products/com ... gLx_PD_BwE
The one on there at the time being seems fine but I tested on a record Im not worried about damaging somewhat.

It really depends where you want to go with this, if you want to keep things really basic all you need is an amp with built in phono input and a pair of speakers - the DP-45F should be fitted with a DL-60 which I understand is a MM cartridge so no special requirement for the phono input. The amp will have provision for the ground wire from your TT.

Beyond that the sky's the limit - nice turntable 8)

Chris

Jamsnjellies
United States of America

Post by Jamsnjellies » 05 Dec 2019 01:03

Thanks, Chris. Any chance you could point me towards something thatd work well?

Bluesnote
Australia

Post by Bluesnote » 05 Dec 2019 01:40

It really depends on what you want to achieve, most modern amps will have provision for a phono input (check first). Your only requirement beyond that is pairing speakers compatible with the amp output - most bookshelf speakers will be fine for a small amp.

Hard to be more specific, budget/room size/music tastes/ etc. all play a part. From what I've read here you have far better access to good used equipment in the US than we do here in Australia. Look for recognized brand names, there are plenty of reviews on the forum.

I'm interested in how your new stylus fits/sounds etc. I see they also have replacements for my DL-80 but unfortunately don't post to Australia. Cartridges/ Stylus replacements for my DP-47F are hard to find and usually very expensive - no longer available as OEM via Denon. I'll email your linked supplier and see if they will post to Aus, for the price it would be worth a listen.

I hope others in the US can be more helpful with equipment, good luck. . .

Chris

Jamsnjellies
United States of America

Post by Jamsnjellies » 06 Dec 2019 01:59

Update to this...
Just went to Bestbuy and got a Sony reciever and bookshelf speaker setup, sounding quite great at the moment. Sorting through GFs mothers old LPs and got Prince 1999 kickin 8)
Attachments
20191205_205531.jpg
(105.71 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Bluesnote
Australia

Post by Bluesnote » 06 Dec 2019 02:06

That should earn you points with your GF and her mum - well done!! =D>

Still interested in hearing your opinion of the stylus when it arrives. . .

Chris