the home of the turntable

Newbie DP 45F

deeply dp

Newbie DP 45F

Postby Steve17 » 26 Feb 2018 02:39

New to forum. Hopefully I can get some Help. I bought a DP 45f at a Goodwill store last week for $8.00 :D . It is missing the platter and mat, and I, in my infinite wisdom and haste (with hands shaking from excitement) closed the trunk lid and cracked the dust cover. I am hoping that someone can direct me to some websites that may have such items. I am abysmally ignorant about all of this an also wonder if any of the DP product lines are compatible with the DP 45f. Any Help at all would be extremely appreciated.
Steve17

United States of America

Re: Newbie DP 45F

Postby EdAInWestOC » 09 Mar 2018 13:33

Obtaining a new dust cover for that turntable is almost as difficult as finding a new platter. I am not aware of anyone who has one for sale. Perhaps your best bet is to find another 45F and use parts from that table to fix yours.
EdAInWestOC
long player
long player
contributor

United States of America

Postby Legrace » 09 Mar 2018 15:00

Legrace
long player
long player

Canada

Postby audiopile » 09 Mar 2018 17:50

This is a very nice table -I'd suggest posting want to buy on this forum and other ol' audio forums. Folks do parts out these machines occasionally. If you buy a platter recognize it's a platter and a important half of the speed control system. Before buying a platter - make sure the inner edge of the lip of the platter still has a intact magnetic stripe -sorta grey /brownish material along the entire inner edge. This needs to be left alone -don't clean or polish. I'd go back to the thrift with several pics/diagrams with your contact info on them - and beg the manager to post these in the sort area - they could come across it inside some other piece of furniture or packing from the same estate ? Do this NOW -before it becomes overwhelming likely that the platter has been tossed into the recyling bin. I once "lost" the outer platter of my LP-12 for 5 years because it had been packed (not by me) inside another piece of furniture.
audiopile
long player
long player

United States of America

Postby Steve17 » 09 Mar 2018 23:32

I appreciate all the info. Legrace, I saw the cover you mentioned, but I am on a fixed income (not to mention a notorious cheapskate) and trying to do this with as little expenditure as possible. $140.00 is out of the question if I want to even think about anything else for it. audiopile, That is a good idea. I hadn't thought of that. I will do that today. Not much hope, but you never know. And EdAInWestOC, I am on the lookout for a donor TT even as I type. Thanks to all for great ideas.
Steve17

United States of America

Postby vinyl master » 10 Mar 2018 02:50

You've got one fine turntable there, Steve17...Even if you have to save a bit for some nice accoutrements for her, she's ABSOLUTELY worth it! =D>

Since she was $8.00, maybe you could show a few pics (even sans cover, if you like) in our thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=88346

Then again, if you did show the cover, too, maybe we could recommend trying some of these ideas...

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=77483
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=79719
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=89977&start=15

Be very gentle with it from now on, because you want to keep it looking good, and it IS a thing of beauty! 8)
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
contributor

United States of America

Postby Steve17 » 10 Mar 2018 22:07

Thanks so much vinylmaster. Just the type of info that I was looking for. I will try to post some pics later next week.
Steve17

United States of America

Return to Denon