Sony PS-X75 - buttons don’t respond

make believe
Skylargravatt
United States of America

Sony PS-X75 - buttons don’t respond

Post by Skylargravatt » 07 Nov 2019 21:16

Hi everyone.

I’m trying to help a friend with their Sony PS-X75. I’ve read through the manual and it didn’t help me out so I’m hoping someone here will be able to point me in the right direction.

The power button seems to function fine, when you press it, the little red screen turns on and reads “33”. None of the other buttons seem to do anything. The motor, stop/start, arm controls, record size, etc. don’t have any effect.

It seems like it’s in great condition. It almost seems like the buttons are locked. They press down fine, just no effect.

Any help would be wonderful.

Oh and the light on the post doesn’t light up? Looks like from other posts I’ve read, that might be important?

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: Sony PS-X75 - buttons don’t respond

Post by musicmn » 09 Nov 2019 23:40

Hi, I've worked on a couple of Sony turntables lately that had stuck or frozen control buttons. It turned out to be old lubricants and dirt and dust had caused them to stick. On two of the turntables I had to completely disassemble the controls so I could clean and lubricate each button. Believe me that was a very tedious job there were a lot of springs and small screws that needed to be removed to access each button. If you want to see if old lubricants are causing the buttons to stick drip a little alcohol around one of them that is giving you a problem. If the button frees up then you will need to either remove the bottom then disassemble all the control and clean and lubricate them. Or dip alcohol around all of the surface buttons to free them up. The problem is I just don't know what effect the alcohol will have on the button that is soldered on the circuit board that the surface buttons activate. I'll leave that decision up to you. But I hope I was able to help.