Sony ps 2700 turntable.

make believe
paggy666
Australia

Sony ps 2700 turntable.

Post by paggy666 » 14 Jun 2019 06:17

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. So glad to meet all of you. I have a Sony ps 2700 turntable and the tone arm is dropping quite sharply onto the record and bouncing. I have adjusted the tone arm weight to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't. The tone arm rest drops away quite quickly and therefore the arm drops causing a bounce. It's part of my audio rack SU_1700.any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: Sony ps 2700 turntable.

Post by musicmn » 19 Jun 2019 18:18

Hi and welcome to the forum, after doing some research online I was able to find a small tutorial on how to replace the silicone damping fluid used to slow the drop rate of the tonearm. The damping fluid on your turntable has either leaked out over time or it may have just dried up which causes the tonearm to drop like a rock. I found the tutorial when I searched for images of your turntable. To access the cue piston where the silicone damping is placed some parts that are secured to a shaft that is part of the tonearm must be removed. Then the cue piston can be removed cleaned and new 300,000 wt silicone damping fluid can be put back on the piston. Google images of your turntable and hopefully you will see the tutorial I'm talking about. Only a small amount of the 300,000wt silicone damping fluid is needed and it's available on ebay. I hope this helps.