Lubricating a Sony ps-t22 - a few pointers appreciated

make believe
Joshbb
England

Lubricating a Sony ps-t22 - a few pointers appreciated

Post by Joshbb » 26 Feb 2019 19:17

Hi, I have a Sony ps-t22, I downloaded the service manual in the hopes of getting some information on how to lubricate the motor bearing but it doesn't really say, to me at least.

Also there is no mention of torque settings for the 4 screws and big bolt that seem to hold the motor together underneath.

any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: Lubricating a Sony ps-t22 - a few pointers appreciated

Post by musicmn » 26 Feb 2019 22:03

Hi, DO NOT remove the large nut / bolt from the motor. All you need to do is to remove the screws on each corner of the motor board. And any screws on the circuit board attached to the motor if they prevent you from lifting the motor out. Then lift the motor out and flip it over being careful of the wires attached. The spindle and magnet are attached so just pull up on the spindle and it will come out of the housing. Once you have it apart clean off any old oil on the spindle and inside the housing with a rag dipped in alcohol. Then use either sewing machine oil, technics direct drive motor oil or oil designed for electric motors, to lubricate the motor. Put a couple of drops of oil inside the spindle housing and then smear some oil on the spindle. Push the spindle back into the housing and push down firmly(but not to hard) turn the spindle and keep pushing down until you hear the air trapped inside the housing escape. You will know the air is out of the spindle housing because the spindle and magnet will turn easily and not bounce. Then assemble the motor back into the plinth and you should be all set. As far as the rest of the mechanism clean off any old grease you find with a rag, Q tip ect and a little alcohol or similar cleaner. Then use a light lithium grease to lubricate the parts again and just a small amount is needed. The screws holding everything down only need to be hand tight no torquing is required. I hope this helps.

Joshbb
England

Re: Lubricating a Sony ps-t22 - a few pointers appreciated

Post by Joshbb » 26 Feb 2019 22:40

HI, that's just what I needed many thanks