What side "B" 'song was better than side "A"

jukebox jury
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Re: What side "B" 'song was better than side "A"

Post by vinyl master » 22 May 2019 17:10

I found a 45' of former Supreme and Glass House member Scherrie Payne in the thrift shop...I mentioned this recently, but while "V.I.P." is a nice song, the b-side "It Ain't The World" is a funky slice of heaven and a deep soulful cut! 8)

vintagevinyllover
Great Britain

Post by vintagevinyllover » 22 May 2019 22:01

Clever interpretation on the Buzzcocks singles where one side was labelled Side A. Flip it and the other side was labelled Side 1. You decide.

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 23 May 2019 15:17

You know, I am reminded of a couple of singles by Jimmy Cross...He had a big hit with 1965's "I Want My Baby Back"...To make sure it got played, the b-side was titled "Play The Other Side"...Soon after, he released another single on Tollie called "The Ballad Of James Bong"...What may you ask was the b-side to this one? :-k "Play The Other Side Again"! :lol:

Mrs Ritchie Valens
United States of America

Post by Mrs Ritchie Valens » 07 Jul 2019 20:28

spittenkittens wrote:
14 Oct 2013 13:53
There was Frank mills song called music box dancer that was a side b song(when sent to a dj) that turned out be very popular. Some early 45's had no side a or b. Some sides were both as good to me. 3 dog night had a very funny side be song called "side B song". What is your favorite side b song. By the way, many 45 sounded very good, maybe better than the 33 rpm version if it had one.
Gosh, I have so many 45's that I can't think of all the a, or B sides that I like, or don't like. But, it's true; there are some 45 singles that either the A side was better, or the B side out did the A side. But like some people have already stated, sometimes both sides were just as good. The only song that I can think of right now is the B side of the song 'Say, Man.

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 09 Jul 2019 03:45

Speaking of the Jackson 5, which was mentioned on an earlier thread, it reminded me of this tune, which I think beats out the A-side, "Mama's Pearl", by a long shot! :D

It must be the James Jamerson bassline! 8)