Looking for these two 45s

jukebox jury
The_Legend

Looking for these two 45s

Post by The_Legend » 18 Apr 2013 02:10

Hello everyone! First time posting, but I've been checking out the forum for a while. Back in the late 80s, there were two 45s I listened to a lot. I BELIEVE the names of the songs are "Snake Legs" and "Freak Out U.S.A". I have no clue if these are the actual names nor do I know the bands. I can remember just VERY little of the lyrics...

Snake Legs:

"Snake legs, it out of sight! Snake legs, gonna be alright!"

Freak Out U.S.A.

"Freak out U.S.A., freak out U.S.A.! Got something to say? Freak out! Freak out! FREAK OUT! Freak out U.S.A.!"

I know sounds corny. Thing is ever since I got back in to buying vinyl I have been searching for these two 45s with no luck whatsoever. The internet provides no information to these songs whatsoever (which to me says they're just very obscure).

I don't remember the record labels either, but I'm wanting to say Freak Out U.S.A. had a white label while Snake Legs had that nice orange-yellow color to it like the Columbia singles have (though I could be wrong on either or both).

Thanks for any help or information!

The_Legend

Re: Looking for these two 45s

Post by The_Legend » 18 Apr 2013 18:44

Okay, I found out it's "The Communication Aggregation" that sings "Freak Out U.S.A.".

However, every attempt at the other fails. Even putting in what I believe to be the lyrics into google fail as well. I'm very sure of the few lyrics I remember but with everything coming up empty, I'm second guessing it now.

I sent an email to Paul Mawhinney for his record database. The "Snake Legs" he gave me was from something in the mid-90s. I might have to ask him again to see if he can pull up anything from earlier. If not, I guess I'm out of luck and may never hear that song again which would really stink. Oh well, at least I got one song and know who I'm looking for on that, so that's a good sign!

rolyc

Post by rolyc » 18 Apr 2013 19:49

Hi The Legend,

Could this be it ? http://www.discogs.com/Project-W-Snake- ... se/1668281

Ciao

Roly C

The_Legend

Post by The_Legend » 19 Apr 2013 05:20

Hi rolyc! Thanks for the info. I checked into that but when I saw 1995 I knew it wasn't them. I did listen to the song to make sure and sadly its not the one. I heard this vinyl back in the 80s, but honestly I don't think its a song from the 80s. Maybe its just me but it had a 60s flavor to it, but I could be wrong. Heck I haven't heard the song in who knows how many years. I'm still sticking to the title being "Snake Legs" but I might need to play with words and see if it hits anything. Wish I could hum what I remember to you all and see if that would help any. Thanks again for the attempt to help me find the song!

orb999

Post by orb999 » 09 May 2013 17:58

Frank Zappa? baby snakes and freak out usa??