7" Record Storage

jukebox jury
falkenbd

7" Record Storage

Post by falkenbd » 24 Aug 2011 16:14

I've accumulated a decent amount of 7" 45 singles.

I'm wondering what does everyone do for storage of these?

I'm not about to buy a cardboard sleeve for every single one. I bought a bunch of new paper sleeves for them to keep them clean.

But I'm looking for more protection from dust and warping.

kelvinMunson
long player
long player

Post by kelvinMunson » 24 Aug 2011 16:30

I have an aluminium DJ transport box for mine.

It holds about 300 singles in 3 vertical rows of 100, and the top and bottom of the box are about the same height so when you lift off the top it's easy to flick through the singles.

I keep each single in it's paper sleeve with a polythene cover over that. The poly bags only cost a few pence each and they prevent dust andsave the paper covers from being ripped.

Locked up it's about the size of a suitcase and very handy to stow away.

Hugues TR4
long player
long player
Belgium

7" Record Storage.

Post by Hugues TR4 » 24 Aug 2011 16:45

Hi Falkenbd,

Recently went through my 7" collection and counted approximately one thousand. Also bought some white sleeves from Garage-a-record and classed them by singer, while at the same time filing them on Excel tables with indications over playing time, year of issue, tempo (Rock, slow,etc...)
Personally, I've always kept them in wooden or strong cardboard boxes containing +/- 60 records in an upright position, and filed by authors.
Recently, I found a big drawer which could contain them all, easy for a quick selection.
Only problem is I can't transport them easily...
Saw a post a while ago on this site on the subject with some nice solutions and pictures but cannot recall the exact post. Should be in this section.
Cheers,

Hugh.

mysticfred
long player
long player
England

Post by mysticfred » 25 Aug 2011 07:41