What 45 (or 7") did you buy today?

jukebox jury
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Re: What 45 (or 7") did you buy today?

Post by vinyl master » 20 Jun 2016 17:52

somitomi wrote:It's a bit warped, but otherwise pretty good condition, especially for the money it cost. And it's literally an epic record:
20160620_135714[1].jpg
I've started to like singles, sadly the record stores I know don't really have them.
Singles are great, somitomi! My 45'-collecting friend saw this tune in a Geico insurance ad, and asked if "Final Countdown" was an actual song, or was it just for the commercial? Are you kidding me??? Of course, I had to gift him with the proper single, as he didn't have this one in his collection...Of course, his tastes in music go much further back than the 80's and 90's, so I've had to school him on all the hair metal bands! :lol:

By the way, any record store that does not have a stack of singles hiding away somewhere can't truly call itself a REAL record store, you know... :?

You should ask around, and see if they're hiding a few of these from you! I've bought singles from UK, French, Italian and Grecian vendors, so I know they're out there!

somitomi

Post by somitomi » 20 Jun 2016 19:34

vinyl master wrote:
By the way, any record store that does not have a stack of singles hiding away somewhere can't truly call itself a REAL record store, you know... :?

You should ask around, and see if they're hiding a few of these from you! I've bought singles from UK, French, Italian and Grecian vendors, so I know they're out there!
I didn't say they don't have singles at all. The main problem is finding them in the clumsy online catalogs, since the high vinyl/area ratio makes things very hard to find in the actual shop.

Omeg

Post by Omeg » 16 Jul 2016 03:53

madplatter wrote:Great Balls of Fire!
Third Man Sun reissue, cool! How does it sound?
I have their reissue of "Walking in the Rain" by the Prisonaires and it sounds pretty great. It's uncanny to put on a Sun 45 and hear dead quiet as far as surface noise. I hope they put out some of the rarer and unissued Sun stuff. They seem to be focusing on the big names. I almost want to send them a wish list.
It's a minor thing, but I really like that Third Man charges actual shipping when you order direct from them.

andybeau
long player
long player
England

Post by andybeau » 16 Jul 2016 19:46

1979 reissue
green onions.jpg
(89.53 KiB) Downloaded 1591 times

somitomi

Post by somitomi » 05 Aug 2016 16:33

Today on "Random disks found in bargain boxes":
20160805_172023-1[1].jpg
Why, oh why is it upside down now? Nice cover art tough
(888 KiB) Downloaded 1561 times
I haven't a clue, what I just bought, the B-side caught my eye. It is what you think it is, but in french. The A side turned out to be another catchy french tune.

colcol

Post by colcol » 10 Sep 2016 17:47

Japanese copy of an OMD 7" - Electricity b/w Messages (lp version), Uber rare...

DarthMaul
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DarthMaul » 26 Dec 2016 22:20

Here's the 45rpm record I bought today on eBay:
s-l1500.jpg
(223.61 KiB) Downloaded 1365 times
Previous 45 bought:
s-l1400.jpg
(321.89 KiB) Downloaded 1367 times

Roberto C2H3
long player
long player
Argentina

Post by Roberto C2H3 » 28 Dec 2016 18:41

I auto gifted for Xmas "Sueños Amarillos" by Gustavo Cerati ("Yellow Dreams").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3p75qO0QAE

Funny, I did not remember this record being a double...

Anyway, opened the album, and the first surprise - vinyl is a cream opaque yellow in color. Really nice. =D>

Second surprise - the first song sounds like it was recorded too slow... Huuummmm... So I decide to press the 45 rpm button on my Technics SL-1400 MK2. Presto! Everything is the way it was supposed to be 8)

So, I inadvertently purchased a double 12 inch 45 rpm really cool looking, and even better sounding, album :lol: There were no indications of this in the packaging anywhere - the album labels are the same color as the yellow vinyl, and only have A, B, C and D on them to indicate the sides.

Best from the Pampas,
roberto

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 29 Dec 2016 00:45

DarthMaul wrote:Here's the 45rpm record I bought today on eBay:
s-l1500.jpg
Previous 45 bought:
s-l1400.jpg
The early Bob Seger is worth the price of admission! In case you didn't know, it was Glenn Frey of The Eagles playing guitar on "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man"...I have 45's on Cameo of "Persecution Smith", "East Side Story" and even a white label promo of "Rosalie"...I wish I had originals on the Hideout label, but alas, no dice...In regards to albums, look for "Smokin' O.P.'s" on Palladium...

DarthMaul
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DarthMaul » 29 Dec 2016 01:56

vinyl master wrote:
s-l1500.jpg
Previous 45 bought:
s-l1400.jpg
The early Bob Seger is worth the price of admission! In case you didn't know, it was Glenn Frey of The Eagles playing guitar on "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man"...I have 45's on Cameo of "Persecution Smith", "East Side Story" and even a white label promo of "Rosalie"...I wish I had originals on the Hideout label, but alas, no dice...In regards to albums, look for "Smokin' O.P.'s" on Palladium...
Ok.

I noticed you didn't say anything regarding the Bobby Fuller 45rpm I bought.

However, there's something else I need to ask. I recently made a subject in this sub-forum regarding a record I'm trying to find with an orange label that has a Michigan rock band on it. Would you happen to have any such 45s, vinyl master? This way I can look on YouTube to see if it's the one I am seeking. The recording must be anywhere from 1966 to 1969. I cannot for the life of me remember what the artist or title were, nor the lyrics. Any help would be appreciated. The subject of the thread is "Need help trying to locate a certain 45". I have already looked on eBay and come up empty handed. Seeing photos would be of help.

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 29 Dec 2016 05:29

DarthMaul wrote:
vinyl master wrote:
s-l1500.jpg
Previous 45 bought:
s-l1400.jpg
Ok.

I noticed you didn't say anything regarding the Bobby Fuller 45rpm I bought.

However, there's something else I need to ask. I recently made a subject in this sub-forum regarding a record I'm trying to find with an orange label that has a Michigan rock band on it. Would you happen to have any such 45s, vinyl master? This way I can look on YouTube to see if it's the one I am seeking. The recording must be anywhere from 1966 to 1969. I cannot for the life of me remember what the artist or title were, nor the lyrics. Any help would be appreciated. The subject of the thread is "Need help trying to locate a certain 45". I have already looked on eBay and come up empty handed. Seeing photos would be of help.
Nothing against the Bobby Fuller Four...Cool find there on the Mustang label, too! 8) I just happen to have more Seger records, that's all...He is a Michigan legend and I am a Michigan guy, after all...That said, I do have a very nice picture sleeve for "I fought the law", arguably his biggest hit...

I did respond to your other thread, too...Maybe something I wrote might help...I have a lot of Michigan-related records, so I'll have to see if I come across anything within your parameters...

ChillyDown

Post by ChillyDown » 14 Jan 2017 00:29

My local store has just unveiled a huge crate of mostly old RSD 7"s for 25p each. So I rinsed them clean.

They're mostly unknowns - or at least people I'd never heard of - intermingled with a few slightly more above-ground artists like Does It Offend You, Yeah?.

andybeau
long player
long player
England

Post by andybeau » 15 Jan 2017 12:04

Just ordered off Discogs
The hole.jpg
Bernard Cribbins - The Hole In The Ground (7", EP, Mono) (Parlophone - GEP 8859)
(73.66 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times
Inspired by watching him on a repeat of 'Have I Got News For You' from 2014

vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 18 Jan 2017 17:50

vinyl master wrote:
s-l1500.jpg
Previous 45 bought:
s-l1400.jpg
Speaking of Bob Seger, here is a great new tribute Bob penned for his pal, the late Glenn Frey...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/bob ... ailsignout

JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America
Location: Mid Hudson valley..... NY.....In the orginal Orange County

Post by JDJX » 03 Jul 2017 17:15

......By the way, any record store that does not have a stack of singles hiding away somewhere can't truly call itself a REAL record store, you know... :?....

A problem that I have come across is that some record shops that I have seen that also have some 45's treat them worse than yesterday's newspaper.
They often heave them all in a communal box, with no sleeves, all cobbled together.

In fact, I mentioned this to a record dealer just this past Saturday and his response was, that there was no other way he could display them and besides, nobody cared.