Roksan Kandy K2 Phono Stage

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers
Hawkeye62

Roksan Kandy K2 Phono Stage

Post by Hawkeye62 » 28 May 2015 21:26

Hi
My Roksan Kandy K2 amp has a dedicated phono stage. When playing my new Project RPM1 through it (Ortofon Red MM), it sounds good but the volume level is low - playing my amp at maximum volume (!) is just about ok but not that loud.
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Paraneer
long player
long player

Re: Roksan Kandy K2 Phono Stage

Post by Paraneer » 29 May 2015 02:31

Very strange. Your cartridge has a robust output of 5.5 mv and should get pretty loud approaching the 12:00 position on your amp. Nearing max should be deafening, no matter how difficult the speakers are your trying to drive.

Please don't take this the wrong way but...are you sure your plugged into the phono stage inputs? Looking at the back of your amp, they are not directly over the ground post and could be missed.

What about other sources such as a CD? A Tuner? Any problems? If not, suggest you try to get a hold of an external phono stage, tap into any available line level input and see if the problem persists.

Gena-J

Re: Roksan Kandy K2 Phono Stage

Post by Gena-J » 20 Oct 2019 22:54

On this subject I have a Rega Planar 3 with the Elys cartridge. I read on another forum that it is very hot giving about 7mv. I feel at times the audio is not as good as it could be seeming to sort of drop out. Is the cart too hot for the Kandy K2?