Proper Speaker Placement

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers
Adamo0926
United States of America

Re: Proper Speaker Placement

Post by Adamo0926 » 02 Jul 2019 05:15

Sunwire.....the affect I have been talking about seems to only happen with the Ohm C2s, where the bass is a bit more prominent off axis like I described. However, it does not seem to happen with the ADS L730s.

Now the C2s are a ported design with the port on the front face of the speaker, while the L730s are an acoustic suspension design.....so I assume that has something to do with it as well ?

Sunwire
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by Sunwire » 02 Jul 2019 06:35

I don't know of any reason why a ported speaker would behave differently than an acoustic suspension speaker in this regard. In any case, just move them to where they sound best. And move your listening position, too.

mysticfred
long player
long player
England

Post by mysticfred » 29 Jul 2019 09:24

In a perfect world a house would have a proper listening room, speakers placed in a Golden triangle, devoid of any interference such as windows, curtains, carpet, furniture, wallpaper or electrical appliances such as a TV etc., but in reality we like to listen in the comfort of our main living room with the telly on which unfortunately includes many if not all of these interfering objects close by - i recently downsized into a new home surrounded by the above objects, speakers close to the wall, by a settee, telly shoved in between and my system never sounded better! :D