Vivid TX-5000 vs AudioEngine 5+

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers
Miltoner
Canada

Vivid TX-5000 vs AudioEngine 5+

Post by Miltoner » 21 Aug 2019 15:42

Hi guys,

I currently owned AudioEngine A5+(bookshelf) with Rega rp1.
I received Vivid TX-5000 speaker(with Sony receiver) from my dad. It's a 4 way standing speaker.

Here is spec.
Type: 4 way Obelisk Tower
Subwoofer: 12”
Woofer: 10”
Midrange: 5”
Tweeter: 3/4 inch
Crossover Points: 125Hz 2Hz 5Hz
Freq: 30 Hz – 20 khz
Imp: 8 ohms
Sensitivity: 92 dB
Power Handling: 300 Watts

my question is should I keep this speaker or just use A5+?
I don't know which one is better setting for me.

rewfew
long player
long player

Re: Vivid TX-5000 vs AudioEngine 5+

Post by rewfew » 23 Aug 2019 16:00

Well... have you listened to them? Off hand I'd think they'd make a more 'full' sound than your other speakers. But, your the final arbiter. What ever one you like the best. Since you acquired them at no cost, you could have two systems now. I'd live with them for a while and get a better feel for them. Then depending on your needs, figure out what to do. You can do it all by yourself.

rewfew
long player
long player

Re: Vivid TX-5000 vs AudioEngine 5+

Post by rewfew » 24 Aug 2019 16:32

A post script. Rooting around looking for info on your newly acquired speakers found mostly negative post. Designed for loudness rather than quality sound. Your powered speaker. No judgement other than skepticism with what can be found searching the web with all the audio press uniformity of passing praise on products. This review blog gives a grounding to the hype generally heaped on products the audio press adds more stars than most constellations contain. A review of AudioEngine's P4 passive speaker. http://noaudiophile.com/AudioEngine_P4/. Of note though, after he applies a bit of dsp correction to the speaker, he gives a more positive appraisal. Whether this translate toward your model is conjecture, but looking online again, for the P4, you'll find similar effusive praise. It all still boils down to what you find the most pleasing with what you have. No review, reviewer, or forum poster can.