cocochocho
Belgium

What budget Amps and Speakers to get with my TT

Post by cocochocho » 19 Jun 2019 11:14

Hey I am currently thinking of buying a TT and spotted 3:
Technics SL D2 (120 euro)
Technics SL 23 A (80 euro)
Telefunken S500 Hifi (50 euro)

and would like to get some good but not too expensive Amps and Speakers (second hand) with it.

Could you suggest any?

I found a few on eBay but don't really know what they are worth:

Amps:
Sony TA-FE320R
Pioneer A-204R
Sony TA V7700 V-FET
Onkyo A 8220
Denon PMA 280

Speakers:
Raveland x 2508 - || 3 Wege Bass Reflex
JBL Control 25

I don't really know much about tt so any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Gravitar8
Canada

Re: What budget Amps and Speakers to get with my TT

Post by Gravitar8 » 19 Jun 2019 13:06

The SL D2 is a good TT. Most of the amps you have listed are Euro models or ones I have no experience with...but the Pioneer A-204R seems like an okay match, if the phono section is decent how can you lose? Speakers being universal and non-Euro or non-North American exclusive (thank God for that) means that you have much more choices in speakers and shipping from Canada to Belgium might not be too bad so I'd look at the many excellent vintage Canadian speakers on ebay such as PSB, Paradigm, Avant, ESM, Sound Dynamics , Energy etc. as there are great deals on 2 way bookshelf's that would sing well with a decent integrated amp and the SL D2. Lots of used canucks out there to choose from- do a bit of internet research usually you will find vintage reviews to help you decide...but don't hesitate to take a chance. this hobby demands that you learn from experience and from developing your own tastes in equipment so you must take a plunge and work forward from there. ;)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/PAIR-OF-ENERGY- ... Sww3tY7~I5

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Post by Alec124c41 » 19 Jun 2019 15:13

The SL-23 is pretty good, too.
Cross-border, let alone trans-Atlantic shipping can be a killer. Those $80 speakers quote $124 shipping to Canada.
Find things more locally.
Japi Roelofs is a lot closer to you, and would be more familiar with what might be available.

Cheers,
Alec

Gravitar8
Canada

Post by Gravitar8 » 19 Jun 2019 15:35

Always worth checking ebay- yes some listings have 'aggressive' shipping fees but not all do...and even so- 204$CDN is only 5467BEF (Belgian Francs) I think reasonable for some very good canadian book shelf speakers? I tried putting Belgium into the ebay listing and its $152 shipping not bad really especially considering USPS Priority mail International gets it there in 9 business days.