the home of the turntable

Sansui au-5900

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers

Sansui au-5900

Postby Frisbee7 » 14 Jun 2018 03:04

I have the chance for first offer on a sansui au-5900 and would like to be fair considering it works but has never been serviced. Any thoughts about this amp? Thanks. Mike.
Frisbee7

United States of America

Re: Sansui au-5900

Postby vinyl master » 14 Jun 2018 04:17

Frisbee7 wrote:I have the chance for first offer on a sansui au-5900 and would like to be fair considering it works but has never been serviced. Any thoughts about this amp? Thanks. Mike.

To quote another poster on another forum..."Any vintage Sansui is a keeper"...

And I agree wholeheartedly! =D> I'd say in top condition, you're looking at $250-300 for a stellar model, but if it hasn't been serviced, as you say, you could try asking $200 for it, not too unreasonable...Even if you met at $225, you would still be doing good...My 5000a receiver was $250, but it was loaded with extras (both manuals, a poster, service info, warranty, every invoice from every repair ever done to it, etc.)...It was a true find from one original owner in excellent condition, worked on by one of the premier audio shops in this area...Any little issue you find (channel out, bad caps, scratched case, etc.) can be used as bargaining chips...I bought a Yamaha receiver cheaper due to a tuner string issue, for example...But here's hoping you can work out something fair with the seller...I've never been afraid to walk away from a bad deal, too...But, if you get it (and I hope you do!), make sure to show us some pics in our long running thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=85&t=79241

I know we'd LOVE to see it! =P~ =D>
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
contributor

United States of America

Re: Sansui au-5900

Postby Frisbee7 » 14 Jun 2018 06:01

That is great information thank you vinyl master!
Frisbee7

United States of America

Return to Amplifiers and Loudspeakers