the home of the turntable

Elizabethan P20g

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers

Elizabethan P20g

Postby 112stereo » 12 Feb 2018 17:32

A friend has asked me to repair an Elizabethan P20G stereo record player, but I can't find any information about it!
The deck has speed issues, probably wants a good service, but one of the amplifiers have stopped working after some smoke appeared, so something has burnt out.
I am trying to do a bit of homework before it arrives as I have never seen one and I can't find a service sheet for one or any info I don't even know if it's a valve or transistor model!
Is there anyone out there who can Help please ?
112stereo

United Kingdom

Re: Elizabethan P20g

Postby paul401 » 14 Feb 2018 00:58

Hi,
Elizabethan was a brand from the sixties early seventies, they were budget record players and stereo systems. It could be valve or transitor, but probably transitor if 1970 or later, the stereo systems would be a simple amp with volume, balance, bass and treble, nothing fancy! They usually have a BSR turntable fitted - so hardened grease could be the cause of problems with the deck. I don't know if they made the amps or bought them in from another supplier, simply making up the finished units, possibly the later, given they were budget units as mentioned.
A pic might Help if possible.

Paul
paul401
long player
long player

United Kingdom

Return to Amplifiers and Loudspeakers