Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers
tomppatix96

Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

Post by tomppatix96 » 14 Jan 2018 14:37

So, I bought second-hand Eltax Concept 200 floorstanding speakers for 28 euros. Practically giving them away at that price. I know they are not "audiophile approved" but they sound a lot better than my old junk Sony bookshelf speakers.

What are your thoughts on these speakers?

dleh

Re: Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

Post by dleh » 14 Jan 2018 18:03

If they sound good to you, then that's all that matters. I've some cheap Eltax Monitors that I originally bought for a kitchen radio but are now on the end of my daughter's system (Project Essential II / Denon DM30 - start 'em young, I say!). OK so they're nothing special, but they sound ok to me.

tamarmole

Re: Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

Post by tamarmole » 14 Jan 2018 19:06

I have Eltax Concept 400 floorstanders in my main system. Objectively they are the weak link in my system however I like them; they seem to work well with my Quad 303 power amp. I think that really is the key, your speakers are one element of a system and, as such, need to complement other elements in the system. Conversely you might have a superb set of speakers and a superb amp, however if the synergy is missing it will sound like a crock.

The bottom line is trust your ears. If you are happy with the sound you are getting you've got it right.