the home of the turntable

Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers

Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

Postby tomppatix96 » 14 Jan 2018 14:37

So, I bought second-hand Eltax Concept 200 floorstanding speakers for 28 euros. Practically giving them away at that price. I know they are not "audiophile approved" but they sound a lot better than my old junk Sony bookshelf speakers.

What are your thoughts on these speakers?
tomppatix96

Finland

Re: Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

Postby dleh » 14 Jan 2018 18:03

If they sound good to you, then that's all that matters. I've some cheap Eltax Monitors that I originally bought for a kitchen radio but are now on the end of my daughter's system (Project Essential II / Denon DM30 - start 'em young, I say!). OK so they're nothing special, but they sound ok to me.
Rega Planar 3/RB300/AT440MLb; Micromega Stage 2; Aura VA-100 Evolution; Mordaunt Short MS914
dleh

United Kingdom

Re: Eltax Concept 200 - Opinions?

Postby tamarmole » 14 Jan 2018 19:06

I have Eltax Concept 400 floorstanders in my main system. Objectively they are the weak link in my system however I like them; they seem to work well with my Quad 303 power amp. I think that really is the key, your speakers are one element of a system and, as such, need to complement other elements in the system. Conversely you might have a superb set of speakers and a superb amp, however if the synergy is missing it will sound like a crock.

The bottom line is trust your ears. If you are happy with the sound you are getting you've got it right.
Linn Basik, Linn Basik Plus arm, Nagaoka MP50 Cartridge, Quad 33/303
tamarmole

United Kingdom

Return to Amplifiers and Loudspeakers