New cartridge for my Gyro

a space odyssey
watchnerd

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by watchnerd » 03 Apr 2018 04:10

I'm using a Nagaoka MP-500, which is very full, rounded, musical sounding.

watchnerd

Post by watchnerd » 03 Apr 2018 04:17

Tarzan wrote:System update, double Spyder and Gert Pedersen for my Gyro, purchased and fitted, oh my where did that extra bass come from? :mrgreen:
Double spyder?

Can you explain?

GyroSE
Sweden

Post by GyroSE » 03 Apr 2018 10:08

watchnerd wrote:
Tarzan wrote:System update, double Spyder and Gert Pedersen for my Gyro, purchased and fitted, oh my where did that extra bass come from? :mrgreen:
Double spyder?

Can you explain?
It's the same type of double spyder that comes with the Orbe SE- Gyro SE has usually one acrylic spyder (tri-marang shaped) and the Orbe SE has two mounted on top of eachother.

dinogyro

Post by dinogyro » 13 Apr 2018 13:44

Some pictures would be great. How is the motor height increased to compensate?

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » 15 Apr 2018 11:31

GyroSE wrote:
watchnerd wrote:
Double spyder?

Can you explain?
It's the same type of double spyder that comes with the Orbe SE- Gyro SE has usually one acrylic spyder (tri-marang shaped) and the Orbe SE has two mounted on top of eachother.

dinogyro

Post by dinogyro » 16 Apr 2018 14:19

Do you need an Orbe motor housing too?
Sorry if I am being a bit thick. I did have a look on the Michell website, but I couldn't find much detail about this mod. I am always looking for more bass!

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » 22 Apr 2018 09:14

dinogyro wrote:Do you need an Orbe motor housing too?
Sorry if I am being a bit thick. I did have a look on the Michell website, but I couldn't find much detail about this mod. I am always looking for more bass!
No you do not require the Orbe motor housing,l used my SME arm board and placed it under the Gyro motor housing and this lifted the pulley to the correct hight for the belt to around the platter. :mrgreen:

Tarzan

Post by Tarzan » 16 May 2018 14:00

MERIDIAN0181 wrote:
Tarzan wrote:Morning afternoon folks, l am in the market for a new cartridge for my Gyrodec (please see equipment list) my budget is £600 and l would like a full, smooth, rounded and musical sound, l have in mind three cartridges;

1. Ortofon 2M Black.

2. Hana SL.

3.Benz Micro Ace SL.

Any idea what one of these will give the traits l am looking for? :mrgreen:
What happen with your Cadenza? I thinking about Cadenza Bronze. You don,t like it?

I trashed it :evil: , #-o got a replacement through house insurance, then got scared and brought a cheaper replacement, miss it though, however the Hana certainly punches above it's weight. :mrgreen:

watchnerd

Post by watchnerd » 19 May 2018 16:20

hexxthalion wrote:Just to mix it up a bit, I'm very happy with my new Nagaoka MP-300 that replaced MP-200. They sound different where MP-300 is smoother, has better control and soundstage and everything seems more "real"
I'm very happy with my MP-500, as well. Very round, lush, fluid sound.

I'm using it with a Jelco SA-750D.