New cartridge for my Gyro

a space odyssey
Tarzan
member
member
Posts: 188
Joined: 11 Jan 2014 12:45

New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Tarzan » 21 Sep 2017 11:04

Morning afternoon folks, l am in the market for a new cartridge for my Gyrodec (please see equipment list) my budget is £600 and l would like a full, smooth, rounded and musical sound, l have in mind three cartridges;

1. Ortofon 2M Black.

2. Hana SL.

3.Benz Micro Ace SL.

Any idea what one of these will give the traits l am looking for? :mrgreen:

GyroSE
member
member
Sweden
Posts: 229
Joined: 25 Apr 2012 09:57

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by GyroSE » 21 Sep 2017 20:53

Tarzan wrote:Morning afternoon folks, l am in the market for a new cartridge for my Gyrodec (please see equipment list) my budget is £600 and l would like a full, smooth, rounded and musical sound, l have in mind three cartridges;

1. Ortofon 2M Black.

2. Hana SL.

3.Benz Micro Ace SL.

Any idea what one of these will give the traits l am looking for? :mrgreen:
There is a reason why Michell often use Benz Micro cartridges when demoing their turntables. I've a Benz Micro Wood SM and the synergy when combined with the Gyro SE and the SME IV is striking IMHO. I would definitely go for the Ace SL among the ones you're choosing from.

Schlep
member
member
Posts: 28
Joined: 08 Feb 2016 17:03

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Schlep » 23 Sep 2017 02:41

Hi Tarzan -

Not a bad choice among these carts.

All have what I'll refer to as specialized styli. While a cartridge is the sum of all parts, round and elliptical styli help in providing a rounder top end. Also easier to set up. Just food for thought.

Let us know what you pick : )


Craig

Tarzan
member
member
Posts: 188
Joined: 11 Jan 2014 12:45

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Tarzan » 12 Nov 2017 08:44

Hana SL purchased and for the Wonga what a cartridge this is! A great match for the Gyrodec/AN Arm 1- one happy bunny. :mrgreen:

Shed man
long player
long player
England
Posts: 1328
Joined: 31 Oct 2014 08:08
Location: Andover Hants

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Shed man » 12 Nov 2017 10:04

Tarzan wrote:Hana SL purchased and for the Wonga what a cartridge this is! A great match for the Gyrodec/AN Arm 1- one happy bunny. :mrgreen:
I use the Hana SL on my Gyrodec with a modified Regards RB 300 arm and the results are fantastic. Fully recommended =D>

hexxthalion
junior member
junior member
Posts: 20
Joined: 03 Aug 2015 00:57

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by hexxthalion » 12 Nov 2017 15:15

Just to mix it up a bit, I'm very happy with my new Nagaoka MP-300 that replaced MP-200. They sound different where MP-300 is smoother, has better control and soundstage and everything seems more "real"

Tarzan
member
member
Posts: 188
Joined: 11 Jan 2014 12:45

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Tarzan » 19 Nov 2017 10:23

Shed man wrote:
Tarzan wrote:Hana SL purchased and for the Wonga what a cartridge this is! A great match for the Gyrodec/AN Arm 1- one happy bunny. :mrgreen:
I use the Hana SL on my Gyrodec with a modified Regards RB 300 arm and the results are fantastic. Fully recommended =D>[/quote

With bells on. :wink:

raphaelmabo
long player
long player
Sweden
Posts: 1967
Joined: 30 Aug 2010 21:01
Location: Askersund, Sweden
Contact:

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by raphaelmabo » 19 Nov 2017 11:00

Full, smooth and rounded - sounds like a Grado to me. :) Grado Sonata 2 for example.

Tarzan
member
member
Posts: 188
Joined: 11 Jan 2014 12:45

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Tarzan » 28 Nov 2017 20:04

Just a little update on the Gyro/AN Arm 1/Hana SL- the Hana is improving with running in- this cartridge is soooo musical and sounds a million dollars. :mrgreen:

Shed man
long player
long player
England
Posts: 1328
Joined: 31 Oct 2014 08:08
Location: Andover Hants

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Shed man » 29 Nov 2017 09:00

Tarzan wrote:Just a little update on the Gyro/AN Arm 1/Hana SL- the Hana is improving with running in- this cartridge is soooo musical and sounds a million dollars. :mrgreen:
You still have more to come, ive had mine a few months now and can't leave it alone.
Enjoy =D> =D> =D>

Tarzan
member
member
Posts: 188
Joined: 11 Jan 2014 12:45

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Tarzan » 03 Dec 2017 10:51

Shed man wrote:
Tarzan wrote:Just a little update on the Gyro/AN Arm 1/Hana SL- the Hana is improving with running in- this cartridge is soooo musical and sounds a million dollars. :mrgreen:
You still have more to come, ive had mine a few months now and can't leave it alone.
Enjoy =D> =D> =D>
Which part? :D

Shed man
long player
long player
England
Posts: 1328
Joined: 31 Oct 2014 08:08
Location: Andover Hants

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Shed man » 03 Dec 2017 15:26

Tarzan wrote:
Shed man wrote:
Tarzan wrote:Just a little update on the Gyro/AN Arm 1/Hana SL- the Hana is improving with running in- this cartridge is soooo musical and sounds a million dollars. :mrgreen:
You still have more to come, ive had mine a few months now and can't leave it alone.
Enjoy =D> =D> =D>
Which part? :D
Everything :D

Tarzan
member
member
Posts: 188
Joined: 11 Jan 2014 12:45

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by Tarzan » 27 Mar 2018 10:59

System update, double Spyder and Gert Pedersen for my Gyro, purchased and fitted, oh my where did that extra bass come from? :mrgreen:

GyroSE
member
member
Sweden
Posts: 229
Joined: 25 Apr 2012 09:57

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by GyroSE » 27 Mar 2018 16:50

Tarzan wrote:System update, double Spyder and Gert Pedersen for my Gyro, purchased and fitted, oh my where did that extra bass come from? :mrgreen:
Sounds great! May we some pictures? I've never actually seen a Gyro SE with the double spyder so Í'm a bit curious...

MERIDIAN0181
member
member
Spain
Posts: 41
Joined: 23 Nov 2014 00:28

Re: New cartridge for my Gyro

Post by MERIDIAN0181 » 01 Apr 2018 18:38

Tarzan wrote:Morning afternoon folks, l am in the market for a new cartridge for my Gyrodec (please see equipment list) my budget is £600 and l would like a full, smooth, rounded and musical sound, l have in mind three cartridges;

1. Ortofon 2M Black.

2. Hana SL.

3.Benz Micro Ace SL.

Any idea what one of these will give the traits l am looking for? :mrgreen:
What happen with your Cadenza? I thinking about Cadenza Bronze. You don,t like it?

Post Reply