the home of the turntable

Need help identifying my turntable

a space odyssey

Need help identifying my turntable

Postby shOo » 17 Feb 2017 20:09

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, and quite new to the vinyl world. I have got myself a new turntable. And I am trying to figure out what kind of deck do i have. Or is it customized, cause I can't find anything like that.

To me, it looks like a Gyrodec, all the elements looks like it, except for the "base" (not sure how the part is actually called in English) cause it's rectangular.

The tonearm is SME 3009 and the Cartridge is Grado Black. So far, I love everything about the combo, and it works well, but I am just curious about the deck. Maybe someone recognizes it?

Thanks
Attachments
_DSC2048.jpg
shOo

Lithuania

Re: Need help identifying my turntable

Postby Tarzan » 17 Feb 2017 20:29

Looks like a Bluenote T/T.( Not sure of which model though.)
Gyrodec SE, Orbe clamp/HR PSU/ Gert Pedersen armboard tweak/AN Arm 1/Ortofon Cadenza Black/ Jez Arkless Turbo Phono stage/ Sony 770ES Integrated amplifier/ Celestion Ditton 120 Loudspeakers
Tarzan

United Kingdom

Postby shOo » 18 Feb 2017 19:21

Thanks for the prompt reply. Wow, it really looks similar to the Bluenote. Never heard of them before.

But it seems, that they only had 4 models of the turntables, and mine is close to the "Bellavista". But the three legs looks more like in a Gyrodec than the Bluenote. And the deck itself doesn't have the on/off swith. The button is on the standalone motor. But it might be just another type of "Bellavista", since I can't fund much info online about these Bluenote TTs.
shOo

Lithuania

Postby vinyl master » 19 Feb 2017 07:47

The gold and black does look very classy, though...Cool! 8)
vinyl master
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

United States of America

Postby Werner » 21 Feb 2017 07:19

Not a Blue/Gold Note ...

It is a Transrotor Connaisseur.

Transrotor is a German TT manufacturer that was initially affiliated with Michell Engineering.
Michell Orbe/SME IV/Allaerts MC1b - Paradise - NAS/Volumio - Lyngdorf TDAI2170 - ProAc D40R or Quad ESL57
Werner
long player
long player
contributor

Belgium

Postby shOo » 21 Feb 2017 08:55

Werner wrote:Not a Blue/Gold Note ...

It is a Transrotor Connaisseur.

Transrotor is a German TT manufacturer that was initially affiliated with Michell Engineering.

Thank you so much! Finally, I know what drives my records. And, it seems that I found out about two new TT companies, just from this thread.
shOo

Lithuania

Return to Michell