HR PSU

a space odyssey
Werner
long player
long player

Re: HR PSU

Post by Werner » 22 Apr 2016 06:26

dinogyro wrote:That is a fabulous deck. I want one! It gets rid of the annoying coil spring eccentric mount.
I'm not sure it sounds any better than a standard one. Nor do I care, I hardly use it. The subchassis-mounted motor is neat, though. I may try it on the Orbe one day.

I can't get mine to bounce 'right' but it will do until I have more time.
Are you sure that all layers of the deck are perfectly level, starting with the support it is on? That is a typical root cause when the correct bounce cannot be attained.

dinogyro

Post by dinogyro » 22 Apr 2016 11:10

Werner,
I don't want to hijack this thread, but if you ever want to sell that Gyro, please let me know.
With regard to bounce, I have the TT set up in my bedroom as a temporary location while I do some building work downstairs. Once the TT is in its permanent location, I will put it on a wall-mounted shelf and level it properly using a good quality level.

GyroSE
Sweden

Post by GyroSE » 22 Apr 2016 16:19

Werner wrote:
dinogyro wrote: Do you use the HR?
No. I have an Orbe, and then I have something half-DIY which resembles a Gyro SE, with a Maxon motor and a supply of my own design.

Hi Werner!

Interesting Gyro you've got there. Is it an early Gert Pedersen upgrade you've mounted on your Gyro SE?

danielboone

Post by danielboone » 12 May 2016 02:41

Bought an installed the HR PSU. Even my wife noticed the improvement , quite pleased .BUT next after clamp arrives will be the tone arm what`s the prices in uk for SME IV ,V`S FOR SECOND HAND TOO? please,

Werner
long player
long player

Post by Werner » 12 May 2016 06:51

GyroSE wrote: Interesting Gyro you've got there. Is it an early Gert Pedersen upgrade you've mounted on your Gyro SE?
No.

When the Orbe launched in 1995 I profitted by picking up a well-used GyroDec MkII with a new RB-300. Before that date second hand Michells were a rarity over here.
My Gyro was functional, but had cosmetic damage. Throughout the years I got to know John Michell (made his original website), and started replacing parts of my Gyro with new ones. In the end I had a nearly-new Gorbe in the living room and an almost complete kit of old Gyro parts in the basement. So I completed that kit and resurrected the Gyrodec MkII, moved house, put it in the office, and never used it.

Then I got interested in the Pedersen mods, ordered them, and shortly after adding them to the Gyro I withdrew as, clearly, I was never going to finish the job properly and get a cosmetically acceptable result. So what you see is a 30% Pedersen with my own motor and then a custom paint job.

The next thing I want to try is an eddy current brake. There is already an aluminium brake disc underneath the platter. I just need to get into 3D printing to get a scaffold for the magnets.