Changing Phono cable on Tecnoarm

a space odyssey
Nutterz

Changing Phono cable on Tecnoarm

Post by Nutterz » 14 May 2018 15:54

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade the tonearm phono cable (to preamp) on the Tecnoarm but it seems to be hard wired into the arm. It may be the case that there is a connection within the arm but you certainly can't see it without taking the arm apart. Anyone have any experience on this?

Cheers

GyroSE
Sweden

Re: Changing Phono cable on Tecnoarm

Post by GyroSE » 14 May 2018 16:32

Nutterz wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade the tonearm phono cable (to preamp) on the Tecnoarm but it seems to be hard wired into the arm. It may be the case that there is a connection within the arm but you certainly can't see it without taking the arm apart. Anyone have any experience on this?

Cheers
I believe the cable in/on the TechnoArm is in one piece all the way from the cartridge pin connectors to the RCA connectors at the other end. So probably you've to upgrade the cable all the way in this case. But why do you've to do that? The original TechhoArm cable is a high quality cable and very well matched for use together with the TechnoArm.

Spinner45
long player
long player

Post by Spinner45 » 14 May 2018 17:42

Reading too much on the internet gives people upgrade fever, when in reality it's not needed.

Nutterz

Post by Nutterz » 15 May 2018 04:55

Not exactly. There is a small split on the cable just below where it connects to the arm. The space between arm and rack is just a bit too small imo. The cable is always a bit ‘kinked’ and over the years it wore just enough to cause concern and look at a replacement/upgrade.