Gyro SE stock PSU

a space odyssey
jspink

Gyro SE stock PSU

Post by jspink » 17 Mar 2018 15:21

I've just taken delivery of a Gyro SE and have a question about the supplied PSU.

The extension lead where I wish to plug the PSU into also feeds my equipment rack and is constantly powered since it is also feeding a server. It has limited access so I can't easily plug/unplug the supply from the mains. At the moment I have it plugged in to another extension lead in front of the rack so I can unplug it after use and stow the cable, but this looks very untidy.

I was wondering if it is OK to plug the PSU in and just leave it on all the time. The other option would be to cut the mains lead and insert an inline switch (like on a table lamp)

GyroSE
Sweden

Re: Gyro SE stock PSU

Post by GyroSE » 17 Mar 2018 18:06

jspink wrote:I've just taken delivery of a Gyro SE and have a question about the supplied PSU.

The extension lead where I wish to plug the PSU into also feeds my equipment rack and is constantly powered since it is also feeding a server. It has limited access so I can't easily plug/unplug the supply from the mains. At the moment I have it plugged in to another extension lead in front of the rack so I can unplug it after use and stow the cable, but this looks very untidy.

I was wondering if it is OK to plug the PSU in and just leave it on all the time. The other option would be to cut the mains lead and insert an inline switch (like on a table lamp)
Congrats! :)

Yes it's ok to always keep it connected- when I used the standard PSU it was constantly connected.

jspink

Re: Gyro SE stock PSU

Post by jspink » 17 Mar 2018 18:30

Congrats! :)

Yes it's ok to always keep it connected- when I used the standard PSU it was constantly connected.
Thanks, I was just worried that with no load, i.e the motor off, it would get warm.