Feet Confusion

a space odyssey
watchnerd

Feet Confusion

Post by watchnerd » 12 Mar 2018 20:10

I bought a used vintage Gyro SE and have finally obtained all the upgrade parts I want to use (new suspension tower, new bearing ball, new oil) and I'm trying to assemble it.

But I'm completely confused at the first step where the feet are attached to the suspension underneath the spider.

In this video, at the 5:06 mark, he clearly screws the feet onto the bottom of the suspension tower strut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJqnW6jOis&t=344s

And instructions I've read elsewhere say:

"Screw the three standing feet onto the threaded studs on the underside of the base (Gyro SE: underside of the spider). If you can adjust the level of the surface the turntable will be used on, then tighten the three coned feet. Other wise do not tighten yet, as you will use the feet themselves for final levelling."

The threaded holes on the feet are waaaay too large diameter for either end of the suspension tower, so nothing can be screwed on to them, let alone tightened.

Does the bottom part of the tower just sit passively on the feet without being screwed in?

Do I have older feet from a previous generation that are incompatible with the current towers?

Totally confused.

Cyreg

Re: Feet Confusion

Post by Cyreg » 12 Mar 2018 20:31

watchnerd

Post by watchnerd » 12 Mar 2018 20:51

Yeah, those are the instructions I've been using.

When referencing this picture, I'm either missing that silver sleeve between the feet and the spider, or I'm doing something really idiotically wrong:

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/michell ... height.jpg

watchnerd

Post by watchnerd » 12 Mar 2018 23:42

Okay, exchanged email withe distributor and I'm missing the ferrules / sleeves....