Systemdek IIX manual speed control adjustment

roman around
greshjp

Systemdek IIX manual speed control adjustment

Post by greshjp » 08 Jul 2018 15:25

Hello all,

I've had a Systemdek IIX for the last 8 years or so and it has served me well. I recently acquired a 45 record and was trying to figure out how to adjust the belt for the 45 speed. I read that you can manually do this by placing the belt on a different (lower) groove on the drive hub once you remove the glass platter, but my drive hub only has one groove. Do I need to get a new drive hub spindle or am I missing something? I acquired the turntable from my Uncle some years ago, so not sure of the original configuration.

thanks,

JP

markcass
long player
long player
Great Britain

Re: Systemdek IIX manual speed control adjustment

Post by markcass » 09 Jul 2018 19:23

greshjp wrote:Hello all,

I've had a Systemdek IIX for the last 8 years or so and it has served me well. I recently acquired a 45 record and was trying to figure out how to adjust the belt for the 45 speed. I read that you can manually do this by placing the belt on a different (lower) groove on the drive hub once you remove the glass platter, but my drive hub only has one groove. Do I need to get a new drive hub spindle or am I missing something? I acquired the turntable from my Uncle some years ago, so not sure of the original configuration.

thanks,

JP
Hi

There should be two grooves on the pulley attached to the motor. You move the belt to the larger-diameter lower groove. The drive hub/aka sub-platter (under the main glass platter) is not grooved, so that the belt can readjust itself to the lower height in this configuration.

HTH

Mark