the home of the turntable

Pioneer PL-A35 questions

the final frontier

Pioneer PL-A35 questions

Postby JamieG » 18 Oct 2017 01:50

just got one of these from someone who didnt want it anymore...they said it worked fine the last time they used it a few years ago..i have to replace the cartridge as that assemby was broken when i got it... i think i put on the belt correctly as it had come loose inside..

as soon as i plug it in, the plate starts to spin and im not sure if i dont know how to turn it off, or if thats a problem...where do i look first once i crack it open?

unit is real clean, and very well taken care of, other than the broken cartridge..
JamieG

United States of America

Re: Pioneer PL-A35 questions

Postby TudorTurtle » 27 Oct 2017 13:24

IIRC, to turn it off you move the Start Out selector switch to Out and release the selector. The selector switch will spring back to its original position.
TudorTurtle
contributor

United States of America

Postby JamieG » 27 Oct 2017 13:48

That was the first thing I tried and nothing changed,it kept spinning...i think the switch is actually defective. I need to wait until I get back home to continue testing this unit. It i think it may be one of the 2 switches right there.
JamieG

United States of America

Postby TudorTurtle » 27 Oct 2017 16:12

I posted the service manual here, so have at it. I think it's a nice little deck, and now my tables are manual I miss the automatic features.
TudorTurtle
contributor

United States of America

Postby JamieG » 28 Oct 2017 21:32

Had a chance this morning to disconnect the switches and check them out, all of them are working fine.. I can't figure out what turns that motor off...
JamieG

United States of America

Return to Pioneer