Pioneer PL-A35 questions

the final frontier
JamieG

Pioneer PL-A35 questions

Post by JamieG » 18 Oct 2017 01:50

just got one of these from someone who didnt want it anymore...they said it worked fine the last time they used it a few years ago..i have to replace the cartridge as that assemby was broken when i got it... i think i put on the belt correctly as it had come loose inside..

as soon as i plug it in, the plate starts to spin and im not sure if i dont know how to turn it off, or if thats a problem...where do i look first once i crack it open?

unit is real clean, and very well taken care of, other than the broken cartridge..

TudorTurtle
United States of America

Re: Pioneer PL-A35 questions

Post by TudorTurtle » 27 Oct 2017 13:24

IIRC, to turn it off you move the Start Out selector switch to Out and release the selector. The selector switch will spring back to its original position.

JamieG

Post by JamieG » 27 Oct 2017 13:48

That was the first thing I tried and nothing changed,it kept spinning...i think the switch is actually defective. I need to wait until I get back home to continue testing this unit. It i think it may be one of the 2 switches right there.

TudorTurtle
United States of America

Post by TudorTurtle » 27 Oct 2017 16:12

I posted the service manual here, so have at it. I think it's a nice little deck, and now my tables are manual I miss the automatic features.

JamieG

Post by JamieG » 28 Oct 2017 21:32

Had a chance this morning to disconnect the switches and check them out, all of them are working fine.. I can't figure out what turns that motor off...