help on Sansui FR-D45?

the final frontier
camsjo

help on Sansui FR-D45?

Post by camsjo » 14 Dec 2013 03:58

I picked up a Sansui FR-D45 turntable very cheap a few weeks back and am having a bit of trouble with it working correctly. I'll describe what's happening and any advice or maintenance suggestions are much appreciated. When you power it up and place the needle on the LP, it will play fine, the first time. This unit has a REPEAT | UP/DOWN | START/STOP set of buttons. If I press the START/STOP button while playing, a green light flashes and after about 10-15 seconds will slow the TT to a stop. But then when you press that button again, the motor just hums with no rotation. The UP/DOWN button doesn't work at all. I have to power it off and back on for it to play again.

OakIris

Re: help on Sansui FR-D45?

Post by OakIris » 16 Dec 2013 19:37

I don't have any answers for you, but you can download a copy of the manual for the Sansui FR-D4 turntable here on the vinyl engine: https://www.vinylengine.com/library/sansui/fr-d4.shtml It MIGHT have some helpful information in it that you can use with the D45.

Good luck! Hopefully someone here that knows what they are doing, unlike me, will be able to give you some assistance!

Holly

GoArmy21b

Post by GoArmy21b » 25 Sep 2014 12:59

Hey I Just purchased this same turntable yesterday for $5 (couldnt pass it up) however when I got home plugged it in the green light kept flashing, orange light lit up, but NO spin? Im new to the turntable/vinyl world im trying to learn how to fix issues on my own but id also love assistance? Sorry if im stepping on anyones feet.

jbetebenner

Post by jbetebenner » 29 Nov 2014 06:58

I just busted out my dads turntable. After playing with it for a couple hours getting frustrated, if you follow these instructions it will play:
First have the power off, arm on the rest.

1. Press the power button to turn it on
2. Press the up/down button.
3. Put the needle/arm thingy on the record (it shouldn't be spinning at this point)
4. Press the start/stop button.

This should turn off the flashing green light, and play the whole side through!

vertical_horizon02

Post by vertical_horizon02 » 04 Jan 2015 06:45

I took mine to get inspected and was told that it was a bad computer clutch drive. Does anyone know where I can even begin to get a spare part or if it's even worthwhile to repair this turntable? The repair place told me they no longer make the part (In my head thinking out loud when they told me that: Duh! It's from 1978), which I assumed they would make the effort of at least finding a spare used part to replace the part gone bad. They didn't, so now I'm trying to at least find the part or at least a service manual for the SR-D45 because I've looked at the SR-D4 manual but no dice or lick of help.

biz

Post by biz » 29 Apr 2015 17:06

Hi all, I'm having the exact same issue as was posted at the top of that thread.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got a Sansui FR-D45 and I'm wondering what mechanical failures you found that fixed your turntable?
I followed another thread that recommended disconnecting a wiring clip for that whole up/down motor and sensors, this allowed me to run the table manually but I want to fix it right. I'm almost certain that there is just a sensor or something out of whack. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

krosscube

Post by krosscube » 29 Apr 2015 17:13

Hi, my FR-D45 seems to power on but nothing else seems to work. The green light doesn't flash like it used to. What could be the problem? Any input will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Zachgilmer
United States of America

Post by Zachgilmer » 18 Oct 2019 20:09

I'm hoping this will reach a few people on this page. My FR-D45 powers on, but that's it. I've gone through the manuals and couldn't find anything directly related to my issue (that others here appear to also be having). Were any of you successful in the repair or was it not worth while? This was my parents and has sentimental value to me and I'd like to get it running again but after reading this forum am questioning if it's even possible.

Any feedback is welcomed. Thank you.