the home of the turntable

RCM - Record Doctor V

how clean is your house

RCM - Record Doctor V

Postby VinylFan62 » 02 Jun 2018 04:01

For those looking to improve the Record Doctor RCM, this is a simple tweak. If you have used this machine you know that you rotate the LP on the platter to wet and brush clean the top side. When doing this you get the dirt from the uncleaned side on the velvet lips of the vacuum area. Then you flip it over and get that dirt on the side you are trying to clean. To avoid this many people use a mat or an old turntable to wet and brush the top side. This keeps the vacuum area on the machine clean and you don't cross contaminate. What I've done is add a spacer on the RDV platter to make sure dirt doesn't get spread on the velvet lips. I used a cork coaster and cut a hole. Use it while you wet and brush the first side. The spacer is talk enough to keep the LP from touching the machine. The spindle is long enough to accommodate this. Then when I flip the LP I remove this spacer and vacuum. Everything stays clean and I don't keep shifting between a mat and the vacuum machine I hope people find value in this tip.
VinylFan62

United States of America

Re: RCM - Record Doctor V

Postby Nigel Gomez » 03 Jun 2018 14:04

I have to look at this idea.
Nigel Gomez

Trinidad Tobago

Re: RCM - Record Doctor V

Postby Bobber05 » 12 Jun 2018 22:45

Good tip,thanks.
Bobber05

United States of America