G2 and Pfan-Stat Record Cleaner

how clean is your house
mark79

G2 and Pfan-Stat Record Cleaner

Post by mark79 » 14 May 2018 00:37

Dear Vince1: Thank you for all of your patience and expertise on the chemistry of vinyl record cleaners. I don't have room for a record cleaning machine, maybe in the future. Thank you for your patience with me. I thought once I got that big bottle of Triton that it would solve my problems.It is best used with a record cleaning machine and to be mixed with the Quats. In my search for an alternative to daily clean my records, which are not in bad shape, I have come across the two best record cleaners outside of using a record cleaning machine. The two best that I would recommend, and they are both very close to the original Discwasher fluid of the 70's and 80's, are the Groovewasher system fluid G2 and Pfan-Stat fluid. Both are very close to that formula. I am not a chemist but through trial and error, these are the best and they don't leave a residue. Most of the others will leave behind a residue that will clog the stylus. Of the two, the G2 system reminds me more of the original Discwaher, it comes from Kansas as did the original Discwasher. Regards; Mark79

vince1
United States of America

Re: G2 and Pfan-Stat Record Cleaner

Post by vince1 » 15 May 2018 23:47

Hi Mark. I spoke with Steven Chase when he was in the Kickstarter phase of his Groovewasher project. He is a great guy and has a good chemist (Ben). They were going to explore using quats, but it is not part of their G2 fluid.
It appears we have been are talking about two different things: the Triton/quat solutions are for washing records, what you are looking for is a wiping fluid. Quite different, so sorry if I took you down the wrong rabbit hole. I don't have use any wiping systems as they are not effective enough for my uses, but I can say with confidence that Groovewasher is a good company.

mark79

Re: G2 and Pfan-Stat Record Cleaner

Post by mark79 » 30 May 2018 01:38

Belated Thanks to You Vince1 for all of your help. Much Regards; Mark79