How many eyedropper drops of anti-stat to ad to Triton X-100

how clean is your house
mark79

How many eyedropper drops of anti-stat to ad to Triton X-100

Post by mark79 » 21 Apr 2018 21:00

Dear Vince1: I found a very good anti-stat that has everything in it and the surfactant is very close to Triton X-100. It's concentrated, 1 ounce makes 32 ounces. I would not need it at that strength, that would still be way to strong. It resembles Hepastat 256. I would be making a gallon of this (distilled water, 15% IPA), along with one or two drops of Triton. This would be in a no-rinse solution. I use medical eyedroppers for drop measurements. I trust you and I have listened to you in the past to know that you really know your stuff. I also stay very tired from work and at times need a memory do-over. How many drops per gallon would that be? I know that overdoing the Triton or the Quats can result in a really nasty sounding situation. I would appreciate your help and Thank-You very much. Much Regards; Mark 79

vince1
United States of America

Re: How many eyedropper drops of anti-stat to ad to Triton X

Post by vince1 » 22 Apr 2018 01:40

A few thoughts;
The standard quat concentrate we have been using is 1 oz in 256 oz, which is 8x more concentrated than whatever you have found. In practice we dilute the standard concentrate 1:1000 to 1:2000 which means your less concentrated stock would be diluted 1:125-1:250 to get the equivalent quat amount. Whatever that means in terms of your eyedropper I have no idea. An eyedropper is not a standard measurement and can vary immensely. I would suggest you use a graduated pipette, scale, or similar device to maintain your dilution ratios.
Finally, I do not believe in "no rinse" solutions. Regardless of surfactant, I've found a final deionized (or distilled) water rinse to be mandatory.