Lyrebird?

how clean is your house
Budddhacide

Lyrebird?

Post by Budddhacide » 06 Jan 2018 05:20

I took a chance and bought this thing in an Ambien induced fog. Has anyone heard of it? I've been seeing it on eBay for a while but i haven't been able to find a single review. It looks pretty good, and I got a bit of a deal on it. But it's a dice roll.

This is the only link I can find. I only paid a quarter of the price there.

http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/541479338705

theclosetguy
United States of America

Re: Lyrebird?

Post by theclosetguy » 06 Jan 2018 15:36

PrimaLuna Tube gear is manufactured in China. Before PrimaLuna allows the manufacturing to begin, they clean out the facility of parts. They then begin manufacturing using only approved parts. They track the inventory 100%. This is so the Chinese do not switch to lower grade parts or produce addition pieces and then rebrand and sell them under a different name.
Your above link shows how dishonest this company is. All the equipment for sale are obvious knock offs of other brands. Whats more, the prices listed are more expensive than the Real Deal.
Mike M

Budddhacide

Post by Budddhacide » 06 Jan 2018 20:37

What is the lyrebird a ripoff of? And yeah that sites prices are ridiculous. Note, I'm not buying from them. Its a guy in the US. That said, who knows what the origin story is. You're probably right, lol.

That said, I've had some really good experiences with Chinese gear.im not super gunshy about it.

theclosetguy
United States of America

Post by theclosetguy » 06 Jan 2018 23:32

if you paid 1/4 of the list price, what can it hurt.
Enjoy.
Mike M

Budddhacide

Post by Budddhacide » 07 Jan 2018 02:46

Thanks.i don't think that site has anything to do with it though. I just posted it to show the pics. I guess I'll see either way.

Budddhacide

Post by Budddhacide » 13 Jan 2018 00:18

Well if anyone is interested (I'm assuming I'm not the only one to come accross this thing). It came DOA. No power at all. So, glad I bought it from a guy in the US as opposed to China. Hes being cool about it, said it was tested before it went out. He's opening a claim with UPS. It actually looks like a nice enough unit. Doesn't seem particularly cheap or poorly made -quite the opposite actually. What is weird is that it was noticeably damp inside the package. In the manual it says this is normal as each one is fully tested before leaving the factory (I guess with actual water), so I'm half expecting it to dry out and work, lo.

shawnwes

Post by shawnwes » 03 Jun 2018 13:38

Budddhacide wrote:Well if anyone is interested (I'm assuming I'm not the only one to come accross this thing). It came DOA. No power at all. So, glad I bought it from a guy in the US as opposed to China. Hes being cool about it, said it was tested before it went out. He's opening a claim with UPS. It actually looks like a nice enough unit. Doesn't seem particularly cheap or poorly made -quite the opposite actually. What is weird is that it was noticeably damp inside the package. In the manual it says this is normal as each one is fully tested before leaving the factory (I guess with actual water), so I'm half expecting it to dry out and work, lo.
Budddhacide,

What was the outcome of your RCM purchase? Did you receive a replacement?