Onzow Zerodust issue

how clean is your house
arcamguy

Onzow Zerodust issue

Post by arcamguy » 25 Jun 2018 02:22

Hi group,
Has anyone else had this problem?
I've been using an Onzow Zerodust for more than a year, but recently it does not seem to be gripping my stylus like it used to; it's almost as if the gel dome has stiffened a bit.

I've cleaned it a few times since I've had it - don't know if that contributes, but I cleaned it with a mild detergent and rinse in distilled water. I dried it thoroughly.

If anyone has experience with this, I'd appreciate your input.
Thanks much,
Jeff

davidsss
long player
long player
Australia

Re: Onzow Zerodust issue

Post by davidsss » 25 Jun 2018 11:56

I reckon I've had mine for at least 4 years and it has not stiffened at all. Sounds like a problem, maybe see if the dealer has an explanation.

DS

Shadowman82

Post by Shadowman82 » 26 Jun 2018 21:03

Haven't had any issue with mine . Could it be that it has dried out somehow ? Is the lid/cover cracked by any chance ?

ripblade
long player
long player
Canada

Post by ripblade » 30 Jun 2018 17:13

Let it air dry.

arcamguy

Post by arcamguy » 01 Jul 2018 01:59

Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback; I'm going to clean it again, let it air dry; I live in a very low-humidity environment. Wonder if that contributes?

GyroSE
Sweden

Post by GyroSE » 01 Jul 2018 07:46

arcamguy wrote:Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback; I'm going to clean it again, let it air dry; I live in a very low-humidity environment. Wonder if that contributes?
I also live in an area that has very low-humidity big parts of the year and I've never encountered the problem you've with your Zerodust. I've had my Zerodust för 7-8 years now, when it gets full of dust I clean it only with lukewarm water and leave it to air dry after. I believe it's in good condition as it still works well after all these years. I wonder what happened to your Zerodust- have you ever left it in a sunny window by mistake or something similar?

ripblade
long player
long player
Canada

Post by ripblade » 01 Jul 2018 14:08

arcamguy wrote:Hello all,
Quite possibly. I've played around with several products containing these sticky silicone rubber compunds and I do believe they're hygroscopic and can dry out if they're not replenished with moisture occasionally. Drying the Onzow not only defeats this, but dust from the cloth or towel used to dry it will adhere to the surface, reducing the stickiness it needs to work effectively.

reynolds617
United States of America

Post by reynolds617 » 21 Aug 2018 13:02

Definitely air-dry is the way to go.