the home of the turntable

Apogee Duet vs Audient ID 22 USB interface

the mix tape forum

Apogee Duet vs Audient ID 22 USB interface

Postby CharlieF » 14 Mar 2018 07:31

Hey team,

As the title suggests I'm after some feedback thoughts on the apogee duet professional versus the Audien ID 22

I'm in the market to purchase a USB interface to simply rip Vinyl to digital and also record my mixes from my dj mixer

I have a macbook pro that I would be recording from the usb interface into

Very keen to hear your thoughts!

Kind Regards,
Charlie
CharlieF

New Zealand

Re: Apogee Duet vs Audient ID 22 USB interface

Postby rich12 » 18 Mar 2018 15:36

Never heard the Audient and haven't heard the current Duet. Previously, however, I owned the original firewire Duet. I briefly used it for recording LPs, but the Korg MR-1000 DSD recorder was definitely superior, so I archived my LPs with that. To my ears, the Duet had some typical solid state colorations, especially in the treble (roughness) and lower midrange (thin, not fully fleshed out). It did, however, have glorious midrange reproduction. Note that I was using super high end audio equipment for recording and playback. With lesser equipment, the differences between the Duet and Korg would likely have been more subtle and perhaps inaudible. Since I am biased by that experience, I would suggest the Audient...and if you purchase it from Sweetwater or B&H Photo, you can return it if you don't like it. Better yet, buy/try both and return the one you like least.
rich12

Return to Vinyl Ripping