Half-Speed Ripping

the mix tape forum
Sterling1
United States of America

Re: Half-Speed Ripping

Post by Sterling1 » 07 Oct 2019 12:04

KentT wrote:
19 Jul 2019 13:31
Lose the 2M Red, lose the Behringer, lose the Creative. Get proper gear and use as little de-clicking as you can get away with. Creative is for gaming, not for those who do quality transfers of vintage recordings. It all starts with the source and the equipment. Also, make sure the turntable and arm are in truly top condition.
You are mistaken about the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI HD. It and its recording software are ideal for digitizing LPs, whether from line, or phono input.

cafe_liegeois
Germany

Post by cafe_liegeois » 07 Oct 2019 14:09

bernard1 wrote:
04 Oct 2019 10:29
Yes, as "professional" and "audiophile" are two different things, too.
Quite so.

Then again, I wouldn't expect a professional audio engineer working for a record company to come up with the questions asked at the beginning of this thread.

Things sure are no longer what they used to be...

Ralf

KentT
long player
long player

Post by KentT » 08 Oct 2019 02:38

Behringer is not professional, prosumer. But their cheapie audio interface is better than Creative. And has better driver support. And it's decent for one on a budget. My old Creative resampled annoyingly. It's drivers were buggy and bloated. The M-Audio which replaced mine was far better.

lini
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Germany

Post by lini » 08 Oct 2019 18:28

Kent: In my view a general judgement about the quality of Creative products is pretty difficult (even if one would limit the scope to soundcards and external sound-interfaces only...), 'cause they offered so many over the years. So I'd tend to compare them to Sony in that regard, which also offered quite a few really good products, quite a few so-so products and also a few pretty lousy products.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Werner
long player
long player

Post by Werner » 16 Nov 2019 08:52

NOYB wrote:
04 Oct 2019 19:41
Took 2 and a half months to com up with that?
I only visit here once in two months or so. That is enough.
If a system picks up radiated AC at a level greater, or even close to, the vinyl noise floor then it has a major problem even at normal speed.
Who is speaking about the vinyl noise floor? My system is actually very very quiet. Better think twice before you start assuming things.

Erin1

Post by Erin1 » 29 Nov 2019 12:27

I experimentally ripped two 45 RPM singles at 33.333 RPM.
Audacity has a speed conversion preset to correct the speed.

I didn't notice any problems with the tone of the music. Perhaps there is an error with RIAA, but I didn't notice it or think it sounded bad.