What equipment have you bought this week?

radio, tape, stands and accessories
DasherF
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by DasherF » 22 Jun 2019 22:30

:lol: :lol: :lol:
8) oooohhhhh, but to have the op to try.... 8)
=D> =D> good one! Happy Saturday!
I dunno if I related this, but Brainticket was on a tape a band compadre sent me from Germany when he enlisted in the Army. Of the 4-5 LPs recorded on the tape, that one stuck out as being the most interesting. When I sold the old Teac, the tapes went with it (again, "dum-guy, dum-guy, dum-guy"...).
Had the thought to look them up a few years ago, finding there were reissues of CH and more they recorded. Got the 5 and a live LP. Many of them had cimpanion CDs for the car (ka-ching...!).
The was anothe group with Tiger in the name...don't remember that as well, but I'd like to rediscover that one...remembering that much must have significance.

Tinkaroo
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Canada

Post by Tinkaroo » 23 Jun 2019 09:37

DasherF wrote:
22 Jun 2019 22:28
:lol: :lol: :lol:
8) oooohhhhh, but to have the op to try.... 8)
=D> =D> good one! Happy Saturday!
I dunno if I related this, but Brainticket was on a tape a band compadre sent me from Germany when he enlisted in the Army. Of the 4-5 LPs recorded on the tape, that one stuck out as being the most interesting. When I sold the old Teac, the tapes went with it (again, "dum-guy, dum-guy, dum-guy"...).
Had the thought to loik them up a few years ago, finding there were reissues of CH and more they recorded. Got the 5 and a live LP. Many of them had cimpanion CDs for the car (ka-ching...!).
The was anothe group with Tiger in the name...don't remember that as well, but I'd like to rediscover that one...remembering that much must have significance.
There was a Canadian band called Glass Tiger, so don't know if that was the band you were thinking of or not:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_Tiger

They did have a couple of top ten hits in the US in the 1980s.

Ghaasl
United States of America

Post by Ghaasl » 23 Jun 2019 12:05

DasherF wrote:
20 Jun 2019 23:33
Oh, heck no! And I have cotton swabs ("still sealed") from my workin' digs and a bottle of IPA (before or after every use) to keep the heads and capstan clean...
I feel like I hit the jackpot, got my wish answered, wow...
Yeah, they are used, have been recorded, but using my powers for good, not evil, I'll just record over them sound unheard.
It was a good day...
Why are you using India Pale Ale to clean your RtR machine, that stuff is for consumption. :lol: Just giving you the business, Dash. Great score, and I know you meant isopropyl alcohol. Don’t drink that stuff.

davetruestory
Puerto Rico

Post by davetruestory » 23 Jun 2019 12:46

Shitt Mani

DasherF
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DasherF » 23 Jun 2019 13:48

( :-k Isn't t that "VE " for IsoPropyl Alcohol? I'm not up on what's out there in the liquor stores... that was years ago... besides, that would be in a desperate moment, a momentary lapse of--oh, you've got the recording...)
Aaaanyway...busting Dasher's chops on Sunnnday mornin', eh? 8) Cute one,G! :lol:
Tink...the tape transaction was back in '70-'71. Was there a Tiger Tiger then? I've looked them up with every Tiger possibility... nothing significant.
(... still a cute one, G!)

DasherF
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DasherF » 23 Jun 2019 21:13

davetruestory wrote:
23 Jun 2019 12:46
Shitt Mani
Hi, Dave! How do you like like your pre-amp? How does it work for you? And, do you have both MM and MCs?

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 23 Jun 2019 21:28

DasherF wrote:
23 Jun 2019 21:13
davetruestory wrote:
Shitt Mani
Hi, Dave! How do you like like your pre-amp? How does it work for you? And, do you have both MM and MCs?
Would be interested to hear also, huge fan of Schiit, got a few of their products and looking to get the Freya+ when I move up to a larger system.

ethorn66
United States of America

Post by ethorn66 » 25 Jun 2019 01:44

DasherF wrote:
23 Jun 2019 13:48
( :-k Isn't t that "VE " for IsoPropyl Alcohol? I'm not up on what's out there in the liquor stores... that was years ago... besides, that would be in a desperate moment, a momentary lapse of--oh, you've got the recording...)
Aaaanyway...busting Dasher's chops on Sunnnday mornin', eh? 8) Cute one,G! :lol:
Tink...the tape transaction was back in '70-'71. Was there a Tiger Tiger then? I've looked them up with every Tiger possibility... nothing significant.
(... still a cute one, G!)
Hey dash, nice equipment you picked up there! Congrats!
I'm having an IPA while I listen to this really nice Yamaha P-750 with a Shure V15V-MR mounted. Got it off the bay really cheap! Oh, and I'm not cleaning anything with the IPA! :lol:
1561423279950-2040460612.jpg
(71.92 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

DasherF
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DasherF » 25 Jun 2019 02:16

ethorn said..."I'm not cleaning anything with the IPA! :lol:"
...gosh, e, I would hope not...that one gets kinda sticky, not? 8) :lol:
'sides, I'm not drinkin' mine! \:D/ ](*,) ](*,) :raining: :quack: :tumbleweed:
Too many things go weird...
Thanks e! Appreciate the kudos! It's a sweet deck...got some tapes in at work last week...about a dozen 7" 1800s...fot $.50 each!

ethorn66
United States of America

Post by ethorn66 » 25 Jun 2019 02:31

I saw that dash! That's a sweet deal as well!
I haven't got into the reel to reels yet, but maybe one day I'll venture out of the TT's. Right now I have 30 :roll: Not sure if I have room for a reel to reel, maybe an 8-track would fit somewhere! :lol:

DasherF
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DasherF » 25 Jun 2019 02:38

Don't know why I did the R2R thing, but I'm glad I did. Just another adventure, I guess...(vice?) My tables ain't goin' nowhere...

ethorn66
United States of America

Post by ethorn66 » 25 Jun 2019 02:53

No judgement here Dash, I think r2r's are cool! Even bid on some on the bay but didn't win!
Old school is where it's at imo!
Then play on Dash!(⊙_⊙)💿📼

DasherF
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DasherF » 25 Jun 2019 02:55

:lol: :lol: =D> =D> AND, 'e's an ARTIST! LOVE IT! Thanks, e!
(...no judgie taken...)

davetruestory
Puerto Rico

Post by davetruestory » 01 Jul 2019 15:24

DasherF wrote:
davetruestory wrote:
Shitt Mani
I'm using it with the Denon dl 110 and 160, they sound with more loudness at 42db. The presentation is better especially with the 110, with my old Creek OBH 8 the voices tend to sound recessed. I do have a couple of MM from Grado and Audio Technica but I have not tried the Mani with them.

davetruestory
Puerto Rico

Post by davetruestory » 04 Jul 2019 18:56

davetruestory wrote:
01 Jul 2019 15:24
DasherF wrote:
davetruestory wrote:
Shitt Mani
I'm using it with the Denon dl 110 and 160, they sound with more loudness at 42db. The presentation is better especially with the 110, with my old Creek OBH 8 the voices tend to sound recessed. I do have a couple of MM from Grado and Audio Technica but I have not tried the Mani with them.
Well I tried with a MM, Nagaoka MP 110 and the sound presentation with the Mani in relation with the Creek, is from Heaven to Earth. With the Creek sound close at top and bottom, and with the Mani the cartridge just open up. The bass is solid and real, the treble is extended without been fatiguing. Finally the impression of having the artist in front of you, becomes more palpable.