New to TT's and i need help

radio, tape, stands and accessories
Vegas Kent

New to TT's and i need help

Post by Vegas Kent » 13 Jan 2009 05:37

Hello,

I need a little advice on getting set up in the world of vinyl. I've bought a few components but now i'm a little stuck on putting it all together. Initially i bought a Bellari VP-129 as my phono amp and i found a great deal on a Rega Planar 3. The guy who sold me the Rega also ended up selling me a NAD 2200 power amp and a Nad 1130 pre amp. Can i use all these components together? Is it possible to connect the bellari to the nad equipment or am i just wasting my time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i cant wait to start listening to it!

idiotec

Post by idiotec » 13 Jan 2009 06:40

Hello!

It looks as like your NAD preamp does have a phono stage included, so the Bellari isn't necessary, but it could still prove usefull. I suggest trying both and seeing which one you like better.

To use the bellari connect the turntable into the bellari and then connect the output from the bellari into the line level input on the preamp.

To use the built in phono stage in the NAD, connect the turntable directly into the phono input on the NAD.

Of course in both situations, connect the output of the NAD preamp to the amp, and the speakers to the amp speaker terminals.

BTW, what cartridge do you have and what speakers are you using? It looks like the NAD has both MM and MC phono settings, so if you use it you will want to set it up correctly for your particular cartridge. The Bellari is only suitable for MM (or high output MC) carts.