Private Messages ?

radio, tape, stands and accessories
Coffee Phil
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Private Messages ?

Post by Coffee Phil » 16 Jul 2019 23:29

I seem to be having trouble responding to private messages. My replies make it to my outbox but lately do not seem to make it to the sent messages. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Phil

JaS
engine room
engine room

Re: Private Messages ?

Post by JaS » 17 Jul 2019 11:33

It's just the odd naming structure the forum software uses

The outbox is where messages go when you submit them. The message isn't actually 'sent' anywhere it's just saved in the database the same way as a forum post. An email notification may be sent if the recipient has these enabled.

The sent box is where 'sent' messages go when they've been read (not sent).

If you have messages in the outbox it just means they haven't been read by the recipient.

Coffee Phil
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by Coffee Phil » 17 Jul 2019 16:31

Hi JaS,

Thanks! I was thinking it was an i-pad funny. I’m on a trip without my computer so I figured it was fighting me. Good to know I did what I’m supposed to do.

Phil

Big B5515
long player
long player

Post by Big B5515 » 18 Jul 2019 09:34

Phil,
I received your reply twice, but just got a chance to read it, after spending a good part of Monday and Tuesday waiting around a hospital. While I occasionally post, or upload pictures from my android phone, I still have not mastered using it either. Some things like PM's won't show up on the smaller screen unless selected from menu, and I still haven't figured out how to copy and paste from it, such as when posting YouTube links.

Coffee Phil
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by Coffee Phil » 18 Jul 2019 16:55

Hi Big B,

I hope the outcome at the hospital was good.

The two messages did make it to the sent messages from my outbox so that stuff is working.

The small screen devices kind of make me nuts as well, but the little icons for linking stuff appear as with any post eve on my i-pad. What I keep forgetting how to do is imbedding stuff like U-tube videos into my posts. I keep asking, getting the answer, practicing it successfully, then forgetting when I want to do it.

Phil