Akai EA-A7 Graphic Equalizer curve reverse button issue

radio, tape, stands and accessories
Jboulukos

Akai EA-A7 Graphic Equalizer curve reverse button issue

Post by Jboulukos » 13 Jun 2019 22:59

Hello Forum! I recently picked up this awesome graphic equalizer and hooked it up to use with my receiver/turntable set up. I noticed the 'curve reverse' button did not function when pressed. I did not have an issue with this button not working the first day but today the equalizer started reversing the curve on its own as I adjusted each band. And now it jumps back and forth sometimes working with pressing the 'curve reverse' button and sometimes randomly switching back and forth. Can someone direct me on how to fix this? Anyone ever have this issue and can shed some light? Any info is much appreciated.

JoeE SP9
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Re: Akai EA-A7 Graphic Equalizer curve reverse button issue

Post by JoeE SP9 » 14 Jun 2019 19:55

Deoxit is your friend. Apply liberally to all the switches and work them multiple times.

Jboulukos

Post by Jboulukos » 14 Jun 2019 21:51

JoeE SP9 wrote:
14 Jun 2019 19:55
Deoxit is your friend. Apply liberally to all the switches and work them multiple times.
Much Thanks for the reply! I was unaware dioxit could be used on this type of unit with 80's style push buttons. I've used dioxit on my pioneer sx-950 switches and dials in the past. Are you certain dioxin can be used on this equalizer?

JoeE SP9
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by JoeE SP9 » 15 Jun 2019 00:40

A switch is nothing more than a switch regardless to where and what it does. Ask this question on Audio Karma and you'll get the same answer.

Jboulukos

Post by Jboulukos » 15 Jun 2019 14:41

JoeE SP9 wrote:
15 Jun 2019 00:40
A switch is nothing more than a switch regardless to where and what it does. Ask this question on Audio Karma and you'll get the same answer.
Thanks a bunch! I sprayed some electrosolve contact cleaner from MG chemicals in through the button on the face and just pressed it about 50 times. Everything seems to be working great now with the button. I appreciate the input on this!