Vintage Pioneer 5xx feet

radio, tape, stands and accessories
fedoshlim
Italy

Vintage Pioneer 5xx feet

Post by fedoshlim » 06 Feb 2019 20:18

Hi all,
I recently got a Pioneer pl 540 without feet (the original ones deteriorated with time), I have diyed some (basically a brass rod with a small rubber foot and without any sort of suspension) but since the platter is not damped there is a lot background noise due to the vibrations. I am searching for some cheap feet with some kind of suspension, I'd prefer some new/refurbished feet rather than diy but unfortunately I live in Europe and all I could find on eBay was from the US and had some crazy import fees. I have searched for days but I couldn't find anything below 50/60€, of course I could solve all of my problems by spending like 150€ for some isonoe feet, but that's not the way I am going... Another problem is that the feet must be at least like 3.5/4 cm and all I can find is about 2...

Any suggestions?

-Fede

maxwellite
United States of America

Re: Vintage Pioneer 5xx feet

Post by maxwellite » 07 Feb 2019 00:00

I installed some GEM Dandy Energy Absorbing Equipment Feet on my PL-516 with good results. I previously used some Vibrapods, but they stuck to the shelf. I don't know if they are available in Europe. I've never tried it, but I've heard that skateboard wheels might be an easy DIY solution.

fedoshlim
Italy

Re: Vintage Pioneer 5xx feet

Post by fedoshlim » 07 Feb 2019 10:08

Hi szinger,

unfortunately the GEM are only available from US stores and they have like 30/40$ of import fees as well... I was also tempted by the vibrapods cones + isolators but they are not very tall