What equipment have you bought this week?

radio, tape, stands and accessories
Fire99
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 344
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 14:03
Location: Ontaro

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by Fire99 » 15 Mar 2019 19:18

SpyderTracks wrote:
15 Mar 2019 19:06
Fire99 wrote:
15 Mar 2019 19:00
Rega Saturn-R

88F670C4-AB42-48D3-987A-30707D600409.jpeg
Nice!
Cheers- I’m very impressed, I never thought my old CD collection could sound so incredible. Just what I need- trying to split my income between vinyl and CD purchases! Time to start playing the lottery :D

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 611
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 21:52
Location: London

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by SpyderTracks » 15 Mar 2019 19:20

Fire99 wrote:
15 Mar 2019 19:18
SpyderTracks wrote:
15 Mar 2019 19:06
Fire99 wrote:
15 Mar 2019 19:00
Rega Saturn-R

88F670C4-AB42-48D3-987A-30707D600409.jpeg
Nice!
Cheers- I’m very impressed, I never thought my old CD collection could sound so incredible. Just what I need- trying to split my income between vinyl and CD purchases! Time to start playing the lottery :D
The reviews I’ve read all say pretty much the same thing, that it adds a vinylesque signature to cd sound. Most reviewers rate it as one of the best CD players on the market?

Fire99
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 344
Joined: 12 Mar 2017 14:03
Location: Ontaro

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by Fire99 » 15 Mar 2019 19:27

That’s exactly what my wife and I thought listening to the Apollo with my Dac-r. At times she had to ask if we were listening to an Album or CD. It has a very warm sound on your ears- very easy to fall asleep (when added to wine:).
Truth be told I would have purchased the Apollo but couldn’t find the older square version but I’m definitely happy I couldn’t find one- can’t say my wife is as happy :D

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 611
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 21:52
Location: London

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by SpyderTracks » 15 Mar 2019 19:33

Fire99 wrote:
15 Mar 2019 19:27
That’s exactly what my wife and I thought listening to the Apollo with my Dac-r. At times she had to ask if we were listening to an Album or CD. It has a very warm sound on your ears- very easy to fall asleep (when added to wine:).
Truth be told I would have purchased the Apollo but couldn’t find the older square version but I’m definitely happy I couldn’t find one- can’t say my wife is as happy :D
Well, very nice addition to a very nice system! I’m sure that’s gonna provide a lot of enjoyment.

pivot
long player
long player
United States of America
Posts: 4775
Joined: 27 Dec 2002 15:31
Location: Albany, NY USA
Contact:

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by pivot » 16 Mar 2019 03:29

53239477_2724291180944269_2930822314842914816_n.jpg
(50.04 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Got an Emotiva BASX A-100. So far listening to headphone only with this. Drives my difficult to power vintage 600 ohm AKG 240 Monitor just dandy. I don't have much to add to the positive reviews you can find on the internet. Remarkable good buy at sub $300. When I get a chance to try it with speakers I'll make a brief report back.

AudioWill
member
member
Posts: 47
Joined: 15 Aug 2018 20:06

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by AudioWill » 18 Mar 2019 21:01

Picked up a Kenwood KD-3070 direct drive TT. I needed to add another TT to the mix and this one fit the bill nicely. Very good shape, cover also in good shape. It's a tank and works fine but I will probably upgrade the cart/stylus...any recommendations for this unit?



AW
Attachments
KD 3.jpg
(251.08 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
KD 2.jpg
(72.56999999999999 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
KD 1.jpg
(150.4 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 611
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 21:52
Location: London

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by SpyderTracks » 18 Mar 2019 21:02

AudioWill wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:01
Picked up a Kenwood KD-3070 direct drive TT. I needed to add another TT to the mix and this one fit the bill nicely. Very good shape, cover also in good shape. It's a tank and works fine but I will probably upgrade the cart/stylus...any recommendations for this unit?



AW
What's your budget for the cart?

AudioWill
member
member
Posts: 47
Joined: 15 Aug 2018 20:06

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by AudioWill » 18 Mar 2019 21:05

SpyderTracks wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:02

What's your budget for the cart?
I'll say $250 and below but I'll consider all options.

SpyderTracks
senior member
senior member
Great Britain
Posts: 611
Joined: 21 Nov 2016 21:52
Location: London

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by SpyderTracks » 18 Mar 2019 21:07

AudioWill wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:05
SpyderTracks wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:02

What's your budget for the cart?
I'll say $250 and below but I'll consider all options.
I don't know how it would particularly suit that deck, but the ortofon 2m blue is a wonderful cartridge, I had one before I upgraded to my current one.

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016 ... -cartridge

AudioWill
member
member
Posts: 47
Joined: 15 Aug 2018 20:06

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by AudioWill » 18 Mar 2019 21:10

SpyderTracks wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:07


I don't know how it would particularly suit that deck, but the ortofon 2m blue is a wonderful cartridge, I had one before I upgraded to my current one.

http://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/2016 ... -cartridge


Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out.



AW

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 766
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by DasherF » 18 Mar 2019 22:07

Will, what is the cart, currently? (By the way, I can't wait to hook up my Blue...I 've heard nothing but good about that and the 2M family in general.)

ethorn66
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 420
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 21:36
Location: NC

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by ethorn66 » 19 Mar 2019 00:16

I received this Audio-Technica AT7V last week and it sounds really nice! It has a .2x.7 square nude diamond. =D>
Attachments
IMAG3127.jpg
(105.94 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

AudioWill
member
member
Posts: 47
Joined: 15 Aug 2018 20:06

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by AudioWill » 19 Mar 2019 00:25

DasherF wrote:
18 Mar 2019 22:07
Will, what is the cart, currently? (By the way, I can't wait to hook up my Blue...I 've heard nothing but good about that and the 2M family in general.)

It has the AT logo on it but I don't see any number/lettering on it.




AW

ethorn66
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 420
Joined: 04 Dec 2014 21:36
Location: NC

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by ethorn66 » 19 Mar 2019 00:37

AudioWill wrote:
19 Mar 2019 00:25
DasherF wrote:
18 Mar 2019 22:07
Will, what is the cart, currently? (By the way, I can't wait to hook up my Blue...I 've heard nothing but good about that and the 2M family in general.)

It has the AT logo on it but I don't see any number/lettering on it.




AW
AW that looks like an AT12XE or a variation of one and should be a good fit for that nice Kenwood you picked up. You can still get a new ATN12XE stylus for that from https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/

BoblK
member
member
Posts: 175
Joined: 07 Oct 2013 04:16
Location: Southwest Michigan

Re: What equipment have you bought this week?

Post by BoblK » 26 Mar 2019 03:41

AudioWill wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:05
SpyderTracks wrote:
18 Mar 2019 21:02

What's your budget for the cart?
I'll say $250 and below but I'll consider all options.
Check out the Nagaoka MP-110.. I've read and seen some great reviews on this one. I have a 2M Blue and it's great but this also is one I would pick up for the next turntable I'm getting. There are a number of reviews on vinylengine on it also in the review section that are very positive. Plus is is a lot less than $250...
Attachments
nagaoka_mp110.jpg
(10.49 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Post Reply